This Chocolate and Cherry Sweet Scones Recipe Will Have You Re-Thinking Mornings It’s Worth Waking Up For! – Breakfast Anyone?
Chocolate Cherry Sweet Scones Recipe
I get it. We all hate mornings. But, I’ve got something that will defiantly make them a bit more tasty for you! My Chocolate Cherry Sweet Scones Recipe is without a doubt worth waking up for. Think the ultimate sweet scones can only be found at your favorite high end coffee house? Think again my friends! You’ll be baking these babies up in your own kitchen in no time! Until yours are done, I’ve got breakfast. You bring the coffee?
- 2 Cups All Purpose White Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ Cup Butter, softened slightly
- ¾ Cup Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup Dried Cherries
- ¼ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter so the batter resembles a coarse dough.
- Chop the dried cherries into large pieces.
- Add the whipping cream, cherries, and chocolate chips to the bowl.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated. The mixture will seem dry and crumbly.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean counter top. Pat into a round shape.
- Cut into 8 wedges like you are cutting a pie. Lift each of the wedges and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a bit more whipping cream.
- Bake the scones at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- Serve with your favorite warm beverage!
Now that is what I like to call getting up and at ’em the right way! Only thing missing is someone to bring me breakfast in bed!