Some say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That’s why it’s important that you eat a healthy meal at breakfast with a variety of foods – including fruits and veggies. One popular vegetable that you can easily include in your breakfast is spinach. Spinach is full of vitamins and minerals and pairs well with eggs in this recipe that I’m sharing with you. My pal Brian created this recipe for me to share with you guys – if you want to drool, go check out his blog, This Cookin Dad!
Spinach Egg Cups are a nutritious breakfast choice and they’re also easy to make. This recipe calls for goat cheese but you could really use any type of cheese that you like. It is also made with precooked sausage patties but I think the precooked sausage crumbles that you can find at many grocery stores would work well for it too.
- 4 pre-cooked sausage patties, chopped
- 1 cup cooked spinach, drained
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 4-5 eggs
- ¼-½ cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer 1 tbsp spinach, 1 tbsp sausage, and 1 tsp goat cheese into each muffin cup. Repeat layer once more.
- Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling to about ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a butter knife around the outside of each muffin cup to release edges.
Give this recipe a try! I know you’ll enjoy it.