Our recipe for Instant Pot Lo Mein is one of the quickest, easiest Chinese pressure cooker recipes that you are going to find!
If you have never tried a stir fry instant pot dinner before, you are going to love this One Pot Lo Mein recipe. If you loved the recipe for our Easy Pork Stir Fry that we shared a few years ago, then this recipe for stir fry in the instant pot will be right up your alley!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make Instant Pot Lo Mein in a Flash
It is full of really tender pork, vibrant veggies, and perfectly cooked noodles that all come together in a whirlwind of deliciousness.
Pressure cooker Chinese recipes are such a fun way to recreate your favorite takeout dishes and save money at home without sacrificing your favorite scrumptious Instant Pot lo Mein noodles.
Making lo mein from scratch can be time-consuming, but with the Instant Pot and frozen vegetables, you can have a delicious homemade meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want something comforting and satisfying without a lot of fuss.
Are you looking for other Easy Dinner Recipes like this Instant Pot Lo Mein?
Check out these super delicious recipes that I have shared over the years, like our Thai Chicken Pizza. I think you will love them all! I bet you will especially love our Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples!
Easy Dinner Recipes
What are the benefits of cooking noodles in Instant Pot?
With the magic of using an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or other pressure cooker, your Instant Pot lo mein will be ready in a fraction of the cook time it takes with traditional cooking methods. Depending on how long delivery usually takes in your neighborhood, it might actually even take less time than ordering take out!
The beauty of this pressure cooking recipe lies in its simplicity. When using an Instant Pot, you get the convenience of cooking everything in one pot, which means less time cooking AND less time cleaning up afterwards!
That is why I love using my air fryer, crock pot and pressure cooker, if I am being honest with you. I think that the reason I hate cooking so much is that there are always so many dirty dishes to be cleaned when we are done eating!
How to Make Lo Mein in Instant Pot
Here are the Ingredients for Lo Mein
Here is a breakdown of our key ingredients for this Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe.
- 8 Oz Spaghetti Noodles - You can use whole wheat or gluten-free spaghetti if you are following dietary restrictions.
- 1 Lbs Center-cut Pork - It's important to choose quality pork that is tender and well marbled. The marbling is what gives it the juiciness and enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
- 2 cups of Water -The water is used to cook the noodles in the Instant Pot. It helps create steam and pressure, resulting in perfectly cooked noodles.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Red bell pepper adds color and a slight sweetness to balance out the savory flavors. Red Bell Pepper are also a great source of Vitamin C and antioxidants!
- 1 lbs Baby Bok Choy - Offers a mild, slightly bitter taste and is packed with essential nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and calcium.
- 2 Carrots - Carrots bring a subtle sweetness and provide a source of Vitamin A and dietary fiber.
- 1 Yellow Onion - Onion adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the dish. It helps build a flavorful base and provides a touch of depth to the overall taste.
- 4 cloves of garlic - Minced garlic lend aromatics and pungent flavor with a rich and bold taste!
The Sauces Add the FLAVOR!
- 3 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce - This soy sauce variety has a deep, rich flavor and adds a distinctive umami taste to the dish. It enhances the overall savory profile and provides a beautiful caramel color.
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce - Light soy sauce has a milder flavor and helps balance the saltiness of the dark soy sauce. It adds depth and complexity to the sauce without overpowering the other flavors.
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce - Hoisin sauce brings a touch of sweetness and tanginess to the dish. It adds complexity and richness to the sauce, complementing the other flavors.
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil: A small amount of sesame oil goes a long way in adding a delightful nutty aroma and enhancing the overall taste of the dish. It adds depth and richness to the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon Mirin: Mirin, a sweet rice wine, contributes a subtle sweetness and depth of flavor to the sauce. It balances the savory elements and adds a hint of complexity.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Tips to make the best Instant Pot Lo Mein
To ensure your Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein turns out irresistibly tender and flavorful, follow these steps to prepare and marinate the pork!
When it comes to selecting the perfect cut of pork, you can't go wrong with center-cut! It's tender, juicy, and beautifully marbled, making it ideal for those quick and delicious cooking methods.
Let's start by cutting the pork into small dice! Trim any excess fat and make sure they're uniform in size. This way, we ensure even cooking and let the pork absorb all the delicious flavors of the marinade. Yum! 🐷🔪
Let's dive into the process of marinating the pork! Start by combining half of the dark soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl to create a flavor-packed mixture. Now, it's time to add the diced pork and give it a thorough coating, making sure every piece is well-covered.
This is where the magic happens - the marination process allows the pork to absorb the mouthwatering flavors, tenderize, and infuse it with sheer deliciousness. Get ready to satisfy your taste buds with this delectable treat!
Step by Step Instructions for Instant Pot Lo Mein
Start your produce thoroughly. Slice the onions into thin strips for even cooking. Separate and diagonally slice the baby Bok choy stalks. Cut the carrots into matchstick-like pieces and julienne the red bell pepper. These precise cuts enhance visual appeal, texture, and cooking consistency.
In the world of culinary magic, few ingredients have the power to level up a dish like minced garlic. With each delicate chop, these flavorful bulbs release their aromatic essence, filling the kitchen with an irresistible fragrance that tickles the senses.
As these tiny garlic morsels sizzle away, they work their magic, infusing the Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein with an unmatched depth and complexity. It creates a delicious base for the sauce, where its savory notes blend perfectly with other flavors, turning a simple noodle dish into a culinary masterpiece.
Let's face it, making pasta in the instant pot can be pretty intimidating for most of us. Especially when it's an important element in whipping up a scrumptious Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein. But hey, worry not! I've got you covered with these steps to cook the perfect pasta in your instant pot.
After sautéing the garlic, add water to the Instant Pot. This creates a flavorful liquid base for cooking the noodles and deglazes the pot, ensuring no tasty bits are left behind. Use a spatula to scrape and loosen any browned bits, enhancing the dish's flavor.
Let's Cook Those Noodles!
To keep those noodles from sticking together, go ahead and break that spaghetti in half! Now, lay them out in a crisscross pattern over the water, just like a pro. No need to stir them up, okay? Gently press them down into the liquid, making sure they're fully submerged.
Now, here's the exciting part - bringing all the flavors together and finalizing your very own Instant Pot Lo Mein!
Once the noodles are cooked, just add the rest of the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and mirin to the noodles. Stir until everything is well combined. This fantastic blend of savory, sweet, and umami flavors will take your dish to a whole new level!
Alright, let's get cooking! Start by turning on the sauté setting on high. Next add in the sliced Bok choy, red bell pepper, onions, carrots, and marinated pork to your Instant Pot. Give everything a good stir and let them sauté for about 5-8 minutes.
This will give the veggies a tender yet satisfying crunch, while the pork gets that lovely caramelized exterior. Feel free to adjust the sauté time based on how crispy you like your veggies.
Getting the perfect texture and flavor balance calls for a touch of finesse. If you dig softer veggies, just sauté them a bit longer. Craving that vibrant crunch? Dial back the sautéing time a bit.
Don't forget to keep an eye on things! Make sure to give it a good stir to make sure everything's cooking evenly and nothing gets burnt.
Go ahead and get creative!
Feel free to get creative with your culinary skills! Add ingredients like mushrooms, snow peas, or bean sprouts to elevate your Pork Lo Mein. Don't hesitate to experiment and adjust the seasoning to match your taste. This recipe is highly adaptable, so customize it as you please!
To complete your Asian-inspired feast, you should totally consider serving Instant Pot Lo Mein alongside some mouthwatering side dishes. Classic favorites like crispy spring rolls or dumplings make fantastic companions, giving you that perfect combination of textures.
Share this Instant Pot Lo Mein with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Instant Pot Lo Mein recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Instant Pot & Ninja Foodi Recipes
To print this Instant Pot Lo Mein Recipe, click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Instant Pot Lo Mein
- 8 Oz spaghetti
- 1 lbs. center pork
- 2 cups water
- 1 red Bell pepper
- 1 lbs. baby Bok choy
- 2 small carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- Oil of your choice vegetable oil, canola oil
- Salt optional
- Pepper optional
- Sesame seeds optional
- Start by washing your produce.
- Cut the pork in small dice and marinate with half of the dark soy sauce and sesame oil and mix until well combined.
- Turn on the Sauté setting on high on the Instant Pot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil of your choice and let the oil get hot. Add the pork to the pot and let it sauté until it’s golden brown on the outside. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Slice your onions, Bok choy, carrots and red bell pepper and mince your garlic. Set aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the instant pot and let it get golden-brown for about 30 seconds.
- Add the water to the instant pot and deglaze the bottom by scraping it clean with a spatula.
- Break the spaghetti in half and put them down in a crisscross pattern. This will help prevent sticking to each other. Do not stir the noodles after you’ve created the pattern. Gently push the spaghetti down, so it is under the liquid.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid, seal the valve, and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Once the 4 minutes have passed, immediately release the natural pressure release valve, and let it rest for an additional 4 minutes.
- After those 4 minutes, open the pot and stir the noodles around. Add the remaining dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, mirin to the noodles and stir until combined well.
- Then turn on the sauté setting on high and add the sliced Bok choy, red bell pepper, onions, carrots, and pork to the pot and stir often for about 5-8 minutes. (Depending on how crispy you like your vegetables.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, and season to your liking.
- Enjoy while hot!
Thoughts on Instant Pot Lo Mein
The Instant Pot takes the guesswork out of making Instant Pot Asian noodles, so you can rest easy knowing that you will get perfectly cooked pork and noodles every time.
Even if you're brand new to cooking, once you get the hang of the pressure cooker or slow cooker, you are going to be making everything from pressure cooker chow mein to slow cooker chicken lo mein too!
When you are cooking Instant Pot Lo Mein at home, you aren't just saving money on delivery fees, but you are also getting more control over the ingredients in your meal! For instance, you can make it a rice noodles instant pot dinner if you want, or even make Instant Pot Shrimp Lo Mein or Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein. YOU ARE THE BOSS! Make whatever you want!
You can get SO creative with this recipe! Whether you want to incorporate different vegetables, or even make it into a Instant Pot vegetable lo mein or a chicken lo mein Instant Pot dinner, you can totally do that!
Our Instant Pot Lo Mein is just so incredibly versatile and I think it's one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes lo mein can offer!
Variations and Substitutions of our Instant Pot Lo Mein
Enhance the original recipe with your personal touch! Embrace adaptation and experimentation to transform it into something uniquely yours. From seafood to veggies, the options are endless. Get creative with proteins, veggies, and sauces to create mouthwatering variations that reflect your taste. Let your culinary creativity run wild!
For a vegetarian twist: Swap out the pork for tofu or tempeh and opt for vegetable broth over plain water. For an all out vegan feast, ensure your sauces are 100% plant-based and just skip the animal derived ingredients. And hey, feel free to throw in a vibrant array of veggies for an explosion of flavor and texture!
Try out this Asian Fusion Twist: Mix things up by swapping the pork for thinly sliced beef or tender chicken. And for an extra flavor boost, add a hint of ginger and a splash of Sriracha sauce to give this dish a delicious kick.
Do you love seafood?
Spicy Seafood Medley: Get ready to dive into the depths of the ocean by swapping out the pork for a delightful medley of fresh seafood like shrimp, calamari, and mussels. Add a little extra spice with a dash of red pepper flakes or a drizzle of chili oil to make it an unforgettable fiery feast!
Want to elevate the flavor? Swap out the dark soy sauce with a delectable teriyaki sauce in this Teriyaki Temptation recipe. And for that perfect balance of sweet and savory, throw in some juicy pineapple chunks and bell peppers. It's a delicious blend that will leave you craving for more! 🍍🌶️😋
Expand noodle horizons! Step away from spaghetti and dive into a world of noodle possibilities. Swap the usual spaghetti for heartier udon noodles, or opt for gluten-free rice noodles. Get creative with varying noodle thickness or even try soba noodles for a tasty twist on this classic dish.