This Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast is so quick, easy, and delicious that you'll never want to make it any other way again.
Moist and juicy, and so tender that it almost falls apart, this Instant Pot Pork Loin is served with a simple brown gravy for a delicious main dish that requires almost zero effort.
Why I love Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
Pork Loin Roast is a classic comfort food. It's a staple dish in so many homes across the country, and it's really easy to see why.
When you cook a pork roast correctly, you have a tender main course full of rich flavor - AND converting this classic American Sunday Dinner into an Instant Pot Pork Roast makes the entire thing even easier.
Do you want a rich and flavorful meal that requires minimal effort? That's exactly what you get with this Instant Pot Pork Roast recipe!
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Are you looking for more Easy Dinner Recipes?
I have a bunch of easy dinner recipes you can browse and pick from that are just as easy as our Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast! Take our Instant Dutch Oven Chicken Thighs as an example!
Here are a few of my most recent Instant Pot and Slow Cooker recipes.
Instant Pot & Ninja Foodi Recipes
Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
I've been making pork loin roasts for years. I prefer their flavor and texture over beef, and it doesn't hurt that they cost less, either! Pork loin roast was one of the first things I learned to make when I got my Instant Pot, and I've never looked back!
Why You'll Love This Instant Pot Roast Recipe
- It's quick and easy so that anyone can make it.
- It cooks up moist and tender every time.
- The fork-tender meat and brown gravy make a delicious main course.
- You can pair pork with almost anything, making this a versatile recipe.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
This classic dish only takes a few simple ingredients to make. You'll need a roast, some seasonings, brown gravy mix, and a few other basics. That's it!
All the ingredients you need are listed right here, but you'll find their exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Olive oil
- Pork loin roast (make sure it fits into your Instant Pot)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Dry brown gravy mix
- Cornstarch and water slurry (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving (optional)
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
This roast is seared in the Instant Pot and then cooked under pressure. That's really all there is to it. It's quick and easy, and you'll be done in no time.
Check out the recipe overview below to see just how easy it is to make this pork loin, then see the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact instructions.
1: Season both sides of the roast with a mixture of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2: Sear the roast on both sides using the sautee function on the Instant Pot.
3: Add the broth and cook the roast on high pressure.
3: Release the pressure naturally after cooking, remove the roast, and let it rest.
4: Set the pot to sautee and let the juice come to a boil. Then, add the gravy mix and whisk until combined.
5: If the gravy is too thin, add a slurry of cornstarch and water and whisk again until thickened.
6: Slice, top with parsley and gravy, and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes for a spicy version.
- Change the flavor of the gravy by using different gravy packets. Brown, au jus, and pork varieties all work well.
- Add Italian seasoning to your spice mixture for more flavor.
Top Tips For Making the Best Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
- Preheat your Instant Pot before sauteing to ensure a good sear. The pot is ready when the oil begins to smoke.
- Please don't flip your roast multiple times while searing it. Get good color on one side, then flip once.
- Letting your Instant Pot vent naturally after cooking the roast is essential. This continues to cook the roast to super tender perfection.
- Use cold water to make your cornstarch slurry, and whisk vigorously to avoid lumps in the gravy.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast FAQ
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is what's known as a multi-cooker. That's really a fancy way of saying it's an electric pressure cooker.
How do you cook a pork loin so it doesn't dry out?
The secret to a tender, juicy pork loin is searing it first to create an exterior crust that traps the juices. After that, cook the roast on lower heat to prevent dry meat.
Why is my Instant Pot pork not tender?
The usual culprit for dry Instant Pot pork tenderloin is quick-releasing the pressure. It's important to let the pressure release naturally so the loin can continue to cook and the juices can redistribute.
What can I serve with pork tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is delicious with your favorite vegetables and mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice. You can even make sandwiches with it!
Share this Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast, click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-½ to 3 lb pork loin roast make sure it fits into your Instant Pot
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- .87 oz brown gravy mix .87 oz, dry brown gravy mix package
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup cold water, optional
- chopped fresh parsley optional for serving
- Add oil to the instant pot and hit the sautee function.
- Mix together onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and spread half on one side and half on the other side of the pork roast.
- When oil is hot, add roast to the instant pot and sear both sides, about 3 minutes each.
- Add broth to the pot and place the lid on the top and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve. Set the instant pot to high pressure for 60 minutes. When cooking is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 20 minutes. Carefully open the pot and remove the roast. Let stand. Set the pot to sautee and once the liquid is boiling, add the gravy and whisk well to incorporate. Cook for 2 minutes.
- If your gravy is too thin, add cornstarch dissolved in cold water and whisk until gravy is thick. Slice pork roast and serve topped with gravy and chopped fresh parsley, if using.