Oh, nachos, how I love thee…I love them with black beans and tons of cheese and tomatoes, ground beef, pulled pork, brisket, and yes, sometimes even shrimp! You really can’t go wrong with nachos when it’s snack time can you? And if you pile them up with the right toppings, they can make a really fun meal too! This Sriracha Shrimp Nachos Recipe is perfect for either a hearty appetizer while you’re watching the game, or a unique dinnertime recipe!
With nachos, it’s all about the toppings. Make sure you use quality ingredients – we all know that the tortillas themselves are just a vehicle which which to shove those toppings into our faces! I love adding a ton of cheese…if I have a lot of time, I will even freshly grate the cheese for extra fresh flavor, or sometimes pour a little la crema over it. If you don’t have this fantastic liquid Mexican cheese in your grocery stores, I feel SO sorry for you…
Sriracha Shrimp Nachos Recipe
- Tortilla Chips
- Small Precooked Shrimp
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 TBS Sriracha Garlic Seasoning
- 1 Haas Avocado 1 Lime
- Lightly toss thawed, drained shrimp in about 1 TBS Olive oil. Just enough to coat the shrimp. Add 1 TBS Sriracha Garlic Seasoning to start, add more for added heat.
- Pour into a heated pan. Cook over medium heat until shrimp is warm through. I like mine to brown just a bit for added crunch.
- While the shrimp is warming up, pit and peel 1 Hass avocado. Add juice from half a lime. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Throw all of your favorite fixings on top of the tortilla chips. Top with guac and call dinner served.