Summer is here you guys! How about we impress your friends with these Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe maybe?
Raise your hands if you're having some friends over for a backyard BBQ? How 'bout them Cubs and some tailgating? Don't be hating on my Cubbies, now.
They try... Anyways, let's talk about party food, appetizers and something that not tiny hot dogs on a toothpick, k?
Looks like the took a really long time to make and man are they good too! Secret?
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chili Lime Shrimp
These Chili Lime Shrimp only take about 15 minutes. No joke! Spicy Shrimp is the 'in thing'. Let's make those guests think you're the hostess with the most-ess!
Grab a cocktail and enjoy the party! Don't be stuck in the kitchen! Ready? Let's do this!
These are great served hot or cold! They will also keep for a day or so in a sealed container in the 'fridge.
See, I told you! Way better than tiny hot dogs on toothpicks, right?? Now, take these spicy shrimp cups outside to your peeps, grab yourself a cocktail and go enjoy that party!
What's your plan for this Summer? And no jokes about my beloved Cubs!
Where can I find the recipe card for this Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Appetizer Recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom, where I have a printable recipe card just for you!
I know that a lot of people are old fashioned - like me! - and like to have a printed out recipe card.
Are recipe books still a thing in your household? Check out these cool recipe books (blank so that you can fill them up with your own recipes!) on Amazon!
Are you looking for other Quick & Easy recipes to serve like my Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe?
Check out these delicious appetizer recipes that I have shared over the years. They are all tried and true recipes that I have made over the years, or that one of my trusty food writers have made for me to share here.
I think you will love them all! Of course, this is just a small selection of appetizers, but we have LOTS of recipes on the blog – just type “appetizer recipe” into the search bar on the right hand side of the screen and they will pop up for you!
- Chicken Bacon Cranberry Cracker Appetizer Recipe
- Savory Bacon and Garlic Bread Appetizer Recipe
- Bacon Apple Cheese Appetizers Recipe
- Garlicy Turkey Cheddar Tomato Sliders Recipe
- Cheesy Pepperoni Dip Recipe
- Garlic Turkey Cheddar Tomato Basil Sliders Recipe
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Pork Skewers
- Easy Low Carb Antipasti Appetizer Recipe
- Air Fryer Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
How to make this Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
Ingredients needed to make this Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
Directions for Making this Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe 🍤
Let's start the spicy shrimp cups by preheating the oven to *350.
Take 2 wonton wrappers and brush with a bit of melted butter. Arrange them in muffin pan cup so they form a 'cup'. Do the same with the rest of the wontons. You'll fill 12 cups.
Adjust recipe accordingly to make more.
Bake for 5 minutes. The edges will be a nice golden brown.
While those are baking, grab a medium bowl.
We're going to make spicy shrimp! Put shrimp, olive oil, salt and chili in. Give it a good toss to thoroughly coat all of the shrimp.
Bake these on a cookie sheet for about 6-8 minutes until completely cooked.
Now, we just need to assemble them. Fill each wonton cup with a dollop of sour cream, a couple leaves of arugula, 2 shrimp and squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top.
Share this Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Appetizer Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
To print this Chili Lime Shrimp Appetizer Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that sometimes it is easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you.
Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Chili Lime Spicy Shrimp Cups - Easy Appetizer Recipe
- 24 Wonton Wrapper
- 24 Medium Shrimp devein, peeled, I used frozen
- 2 Limes
- ½ Cup Arugula
- 3-4 TBS Sour Cream
- 2 TBS Butter melted
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili or Cayenne
- Let's start the spicy shrimp cups by preheating the oven to *350.
- Take 2 wonton wrappers and brush with a bit of melted butter. Arrange them in muffin pan cup so they form a 'cup'. Do the same with the rest of the wontons. You'll fill 12 cups.
- Adjust recipe accordingly to make more.
- Bake for 5 minutes. The edges will be a nice golden brown. (see above)
- While those are baking, grab a medium bowl.
- We're going to make spicy shrimp! Put shrimp, olive oil, salt and chili in. Give it a good toss to thoroughly coat all shrimp.
- Bake these on a cookie sheet for about 6-8 minutes until completely cooked.
- Now, we just need to assemble them. Fill each wonton cup with a dollop of sour cream, a couple leaves of arugula, 2 shrimp and squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top.