This Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe is an easy dinner that gives us the flavors of pizza rolls in one of our favorite easy dinner recipes!
This easy Pepperoni Pizza Roll Casserole is fun to make and it is the perfect alternative to ordering pizza delivery on Friday nights!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Why You are going to Love our Pizza Roll Casserole
This easy dinner recipe is actually something that you could even eat with your fingers, making it a great finger food for your family gatherings and parties! Grab a roll, and dip in marinara sauce and enjoy!
Doesn't it look just delicious? You might also want to check out our Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe, which makes a great appetizer to eat while this easy dinner recipe is cooking!
Are you looking for other Pizza inspired recipes like our Pizza Roll Casserole?
Check these out!
Here are the Ingredients You will need to make our Pizza Roll Casserole
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Quality pizza sauce
- Cooked ground sausage
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil optional
- pepperoni slices
Keep in mind that the exact quantities of each ingredient are listed in the printable recipe card below!
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Here's How to Make Pizza Roll Casserole
Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 and grease a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter. I prefer nonstick cooking spray, like PAM, as it distributes more evenly and it's as messy!
Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and flatten to the size of a baking sheet (10 x 15). Spread pizza sauce onto the dough keeping it ½" from the edge. Top with cheese, pepperoni and sausage.
Begin to roll the dough into a log, starting from the long side. Pinch the seams together as best as you can. This helps all of the sauce and goodies stay inside while baking!
Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Add small score marks with a knife to aid in cutting an equal number of pieces.
Place rolls into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Hint: Sprinkle your finished Pizza Roll Casserole with fresh basil and serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping! This Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe serves four people, so make a nice side salad to round out this easy dinner recipe!
Substitutions and Variations for this Easy Dinner Recipe
Now, you can get creative with this Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe, by adding different cheeses, more cheese on top - or even substituting different sauces in place of the pizza sauce.
- Italian Sausage- instead of pepperoni, you can use cooked Italian sausages or just double the cooked sausage the recipe calls for
- Add Peppers- add cooked, diced green bell peppers for a bit of veggies
- Make it Vegetarian or Vegan - the pepperoni and sausage can be replaced with a plant-based pepperoni to make this vegetarian, or vegan by using plant based meat and dairy alternatives.
See this Pinwheel version of this recipe for something a bit simpler and more of an appetizer!
When I make a casserole, I try to make it in a casserole dish with a lid. This way, it is easy to put away leftovers in the fridge! You can grab my favorite Pyrex Casserole dish with lid here!
Share this Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Other Casserole Recipes on TheRebelChick.com!
These are some of my favorite easy Casseroles like this Pizza Roll Casserole:
To print our Easy Pizza Roll Casserole Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Pizza Roll Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a small casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and flatten to the size of a baking sheet (10x15).
- Spread pizza sauce onto the dough keeping it ½" from the edge.
- Top with cheese, pepperoni and sausage.
- Roll the dough from the long side. Pinch the seams together as best as you can.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces
- Add small score marks with a knife to aid in cutting an equal number of pieces.
- Place rolls into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve with pizza sauce for dipping