You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and biscotti, right? I love the addition of walnuts in this recipe, it takes the flavor profile – not to mention the crunch factor – to a whole new level!
Super Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Or grease and flour a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar and butter together until soft and creamy. About 3-5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in walnuts.
- Remove the dough from bowl and form into a ball. Divide the dough in half and shape into 2 loafs, about 10" x 4" x 1" high.
- Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Cool for 5-10 minutes and then use a bread knife and gently cut the loaf diagonally into 1" wide slices (I like thicker slices, you can also cut them smaller, about ⅜").
- Lay the slices, on their sides (cut side down) and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the cookies are dry and crunch. Cool completely.
- Makes 16 1" slices or about 30⅜" slices.
Do you love biscotti? I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes!