With St Patrick’s Day quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to share some green recipe ideas, like this Homemade Pistachio Shortbread Recipe! It’s really easy to make and it looks SO CUTE! It’s perfect for an afternoon treat for the kids, bringing to your office to share a little festive spirit, or for your St Patrick’s Day parties!
I love pistachios – there’s my favorite nut – so considering that they’re green, they were the perfect addition to this St Patrick’s Day recipe.
I love St Patrick’s Day…probably because my favorite color is green – thus my excitement over sharing these green recipes with you guys every time St Patrick’s Day rolls around on the calendar!
Homemade Pistachio Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 small box instant pudding, pistachio flavored
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Wilton Leaf Green Gel Food Coloring
- Heat oven to 300. Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together butter, pudding, and sugar. Add flour and continue to beat until it begins to create a dough.
- Press dough into pan and even and flatten with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Use a knife to gently score the dough. Cut into 9 squares and then cut each square into a triangle. Do not cut all the way thorough the dough, simply score it before baking it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and cut shortbread in the pan. Leave in the pan until almost cool and remove.
This Homemade Pistachio Shortbread Recipe makes 18 triangles.
If you give this Homemade Pistachio Shortbread Recipe a try, I’d love to hear about it afterwards! Come back and tell me what you think, or if you made any changes or additions. And if you have a favorite shortbread recipe, let me know about that too – I absolutely love shortbread and I am always trying new recipes. Homemade shortbread tastes so much better than store bought…though I never can say no to Pecan Sandies, one of my favorite cookies.
Enjoy – and Happy St Patrick’s Day!