I absolutely love Halloween! While I really, really love the dressing up, the decorations, and seeing all of the little kiddies running around with huge smiles on their faces, my favorite part of Halloween is…the chocolate! I love the little fun sized chocolate bars that are everywhere in stores around Halloween, and I especially love when we don’t quite hand them all out to trick or treators…Halloween leftovers are the best kind, aren’t they? Of course, chocolate doesn’t have to be relegated to candy – you can also indulge in sweet treats baked up with chocolate, like this Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe I created using TruMoo Chocolate Milk!
We love bread pudding and I am always looking for an excuse to make it during the fall. Since Halloween is the first real sign of fall we have here in Miami, I jumped at the opportunity to make my first bread pudding of the year! This bread pudding is totally different than anything you’re used to – there’s no nuts, no rum sauce…it’s just pure chocolate goodness!
Angeline loves TruMoo Chocolate Milk, and I buy it quite often. I actually went through three jugs of chocolate milk before I had the opportunity to try making this recipe because she kept drinking it all! That’s totally fine by me, as TruMoo provides 8 essential nutrients that kids need for critical development stages. Angeline is in the prime age for calcium absorption, she can drink all of the chocolate milk she wants! Well, as long as she leaves a little for my recipe experiments!
TruMoo Chocolate Milk comes fresh from your trusted dairy and doesn’t have artificial growth hormones or high fructose corn syrup. Just one 8-ounce serving of TruMoo provides as much calcium as 5 cups of broccoli and as much potassium as a small banana. While Angeline likes broccoli and other calcium-rich foods, of course she is more likely to drink a cup of chocolate milk than she is to eat five cups of broccoli. I have a feeling that all of the moms reading this can relate!
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅓ unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cubed potato bread
- ½ cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You'll need a 9x13 casserole dish for a thin bread pudding, or you can use a 8x8 dish for a thicker bread pudding. I ended up using a 8x8 and two ramekins to make Angeline and I individual servings as well.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients except for the bread and whisk until sugar has totally been dissolved. Gently stir in the cubed bread and let it sit for about ten minutes to absorb.
- Pour your prepared bread mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes if you are using a 9x13 inch pan, or 35 minutes if you are using a 8x8 inch pan. Remember, the thicker the consistency you're going for, the longer it will need to bake all the way through!
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Can’t get enough of TruMoo? Follow TruMoo on Pinterest for more delicious recipes and enter the Facebook contest for a chance to win weekly cash prizes through October 31! You can also enter the TruMoo Sweepstakes for a chance to win a family trip for four!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.