My Easy Lemon Bars Recipe Is The Perfect Combination Of Sweet and Tangy They Make An Excellent Warm Weather Dessert
Easy Lemon Bars Recipe – Sweet and Tangy Dessert
With warmer days just around the corner, it’s time to make a switch. From the heavy comfort foods that keep us cozy to light, sweet citrus with a burst of tang for flavor. This easy to make Lemon Bars Recipe fits the bill! The perfect amount of sweet with a nice lemony punch to make a perfect warm weather dessert.
Lemon Bars Recipe
- Crust Ingredients:
- ½ Cup Butter (softened)
- 1⅓ All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Lemon Layer Ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- ¼ TSP Baking Powder
- In a large bowl, use a fork or pastry blender to mix together the crust ingredients to form a crumbly dough.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake the crust at *350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While that is baking, use a separate large bowl to mix the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice until well combined.
- Add in the baking powder last and whisk together until no lumps remain.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the pre-baked crust and place it back in the oven at *350 degrees for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the lemon layer is set.
- Cool for several hours before cutting and serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
These lemon bars are great when you want something sweet but not too heavy. They make great bake sale items as well. I like to bring mine down to the beach with picnic lunches. There’s nothing wrong with a great sunny day spent outside with the family and a perfect sweet treat after!