Yes, I know…it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. But this Cake Mix Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe is just too much fun not to share RIGHT NOW! I love doing cookie exchanges, especially the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap each year. There’s just something so fun about doing a cookie swap, sharing your baking with friends and family – and sometimes strangers too – that I get super excited about it each Christmas.
If you want to participate in a cookie swap but aren’t very crafty when it comes to baking, then this Cake Mix Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe is going to be just perfect for you! It’s super easy and the results are pretty fantastic!
Cake Mix Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅓ C. oil
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, and oil, mixing well.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2" balls and place 2-3" a part on the baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, and gently press the cookie dough balls down to about ¼".
- Bake 8-10 minutes, do not over bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool and then generously frost and sprinkle.
Aren’t they just adorable? And they’re nice and light and fluffy, but still crispy on the edges like a sugar cookie. Simply put some in a pretty Ziploc bag or in a decorative tin and you’re all set for your cookie swap, to give as gifts to coworkers or even as a nice hostess gift for that last minute holiday party you got invited to!
This Cake Mix Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies