This post contains affiliate links.
Hello readers, Kristin from Ro*Tel here. I am excited to be writing for Jenn today! Let me introduce myself. Right now I live in Chicago with my Bichon Frise, Joey. It’s a great city because there’s always something to do: grab drinks at a dive bar, walk around Navy Pier, admire work at one of the museums on a Free Day, ride around on a Divvy bike, etc. When I am not binging on Netflix or jogging around the neighborhood, I am cooking one of my favorite recipes or something new from Pinterest. Today it’s this delicious and easy Ro*Tel Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos recipe!
Although I am not a picky eater, Mexican food is one of my favorites (along with Greek!). I love dishes with lots of flavor and a kick of spicy. This Ro*Tel Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos recipe does just that—lots of tasty ingredients with the right amount of spice. I recommend serving these tacos with a side of chips and guacamole or Mexican rice.
Ro*Tel Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos Recipe
Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos Recipe
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder excess fat removed, cut into large pieces
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- Adobo seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can 10 oz. Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 6- in. corn tortillas warmed
- In a bowl, stir together orange juice, tomato paste, chile pepper and adobo seasoning. Set aside.
- Spray inside your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork shoulder in slow cooker. Pour orange juice mixture over pork. Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours or until pork is tender.
- While pork shoulder cooks, combine drained tomatoes, onion and cilantro in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; pull apart to shred. Return to slow cooker; stir.
- Divide pork evenly between tortillas. Top each with tomato mixture. Add your choice of shredded cheese, if desired.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Check out Ro*Tel’s website for more easy recipes and dinner ideas.