This Nutella Bites recipe is the perfect Hazelnut Dessert recipe and it only has 5 ingredients, making it an easy Nutella treat to make anytime the craving for something sweet hits!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love chocolate and Nutella, then this is the recipe for you. I love this recipe because it's incredibly easy to make, and the only actual cooking involved is roasting the hazelnuts. Which is super easy to do, by the way!
These, rich, creamy bites are made with a luscious blend of semi-sweet chocolate and Nutella and a center of chopped, roasted hazelnuts. It's a decadent dessert that tastes like a time-consuming treat but is actually ready in just a few minutes!
Why You'll Love These Nutella Bites
- They only take 5 simple ingredients to make.
- They're easy to make, and even beginners can make them with no issues.
- They're rich and creamy and loaded with hazelnut and chocolate flavors.
- They make a great treat for any party and any occasion.
How to Make Nutella Bites
This easy recipe only takes a few simple ingredients to make, and it's all done in just a few minutes. Make this rich, creamy dessert or snack. It's so decadent and so easy!
All the ingredients you need to make these bites are listed here, but you'll find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Raw hazelnuts
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
This recipe couldn't be easier. The only actual cooking involved is roasting the hazelnuts. After that it's just smooth sailing.
The recipe overview is below but check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact instructions.
1: Roast the hazelnuts, remove the skins, and chop them in a food processor.
2: Melt the Nutella and butter in the microwave. Then, add powdered sugar and mix.
3: Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
4: Fill a bonbon mold with the chocolate, then flip and let the excess drip out.
5: Harden in the fridge, then fill with roasted hazelnuts.
5: Add the Nutella mixture and top with the remaining chocolate.
6: Scrape the excess chocolate off to create an even base.
7: Refrigerate until hardened and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Try making turtle bites with a chopped pecan and caramel center.
- Use any bonbon shape you like for different occasions.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Bonbon mold
- Microwaveable bowls
- Metal scraper
How to Store Nutella Bites
Refrigerator: Store for up to a week in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Thaw: Transfer the bites to the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- Give the bonbon mold a gentle tap when adding the final layer of chocolate to ensure it fully coats and fills the cavity.
- Use a metal scraper to create a uniform bottom on the bonbons.
- Be careful not to chop your hazelnuts too finely when using your food processor.
What are Nutella bites?
Nutella bites are a simple chocolate confection made with a roasted hazelnut and Nutella center coated in semi-sweet chocolate.
Is this a difficult recipe?
Not at all! All you have to do is roast some hazelnuts and do a little microwaving.
Where can I serve these Nutella bites?
These Nutella bites are perfect for any occasion. Simply use different bonbon molds to match different occasions and holidays.
Share this Nutella Bites with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Nutella Bites recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the hazelnuts in the oven and roast them for approximately 5 minutes. Then allow them to cool off and use your hands to remove the skin.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine Nutella and butter, and microwave for about 30 seconds or until the butter has melted. Stir until well combined.
- Add powdered sugar to the Nutella mixture and mix again.
- In another bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Coat your bonbon mold completely with the melted chocolate, ensuring all the holes are covered. Then flip the mold over and let the excess chocolate drip out. Use a scraper to remove any remaining excess chocolate.
- Cool the chocolate mold in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Add the roasted hazelnuts to the mold.
- Spoon the Nutella mixture into the mold, leaving room for more chocolate.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the bonbon molds, making sure they are fully covered. Tap the mold on the table a few times to remove air bubbles and ensure the chocolate settles at the bottom.
- Use a metal scraper to remove any excess chocolate from the mold again.
- Place the bonbons in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Once hardened, remove the chocolates from the mold and enjoy!