So, last weekend when my childhood of over 35 years came to town we had a girl’s night in. Watermelon Margaritas & Chicken Nachos. That’s how we roll….
Skillet Chicken Nachos With Spicy Salsa Verde
I think I remember reading somewhere that The Pioneer Woman uses her skillet to make everything and anything. My longtime friend came to Vegas to hang with me last weekend. We pulled out the blender for Watermelon Margaritas but took ole Ree up on the skillet use for snacks. These super easy Skillet Chicken Nachos with Spicy Salsa Verde hit the spot. Did I say super easy? And, I’m betting you have everything you need already1 Let’s see…
Skillet Chicken Nachos
Skillet Chicken Nachos With Spicy Salsa Verde Recipe
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken left overs put to good use!
- 5-6 Cups Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 Cup Salsa Verde
- 1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Small Can Chopped Black Olives
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese I used Mexican Blend
- 1-2 Small diced Tomatoes
- Handful Chopped Cilantro
- Handful Diced Green Onions
- Star by preheating the oven to 350* Yep, we're popping that skillet right in the oven!
- While that's heating up, do all your dicing and chopping. My cast iron skillet is 9 inches so I needed the full 6 cups of tortilla chips to fill it. Toss yours in.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken, red pepper, salsa verde. Just to mix it up and get warm. Pour that evenly over your tortilla chips.
- Add your black olives, tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
- Pop that right in the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is all bubbly and warm!
- Top with a couple bits of tomato and cilantro.
Easy enough, right?
And you’re good to go! Enjoy with some cold drinks and all your BFF’s! I was thinking, with Tailgate Season right around the corner, I may add some black beans, double the whole chicken nacho recipe and serve it up as some good game day grub too!
Or, how about this. I’ll make the food, you bring the drinks and we can ‘do Vegas’ next weekend?
Who’s In For These Chicken Nachos With Me?