Oh, summertime…while our summer is quickly speeding by – can you believe that it’s already the middle of July?! – there’s still plenty of sunshine left to soak up!
One of my favorite ways to celebrate summer is to make S’mores…lots and lots of S’mores!
You can get so creative with S’mores, making everything from the old fashioned over-the-campfire variety, to parfaits, cookies, cakes, pies and of course, this fun recipe I am sharing with you today: a Summertime S’mores Muddy Buddies Recipe!
Because really, I am always looking for an excuse to eat Muddy Buddies.
Summertime S’mores Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 12 oz packge of Wilton S'more candy melts (check your local craft stores for the S'more flavor)
- 9 C. Chex cereal, any variety will work, I used the wheat Chex
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 large Ziploc-type bags
- 1 C. chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour the Wilton S'more candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments until completely melted. This takes about 2-2.5 minutes in my microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cereal (see photo). Using a large spoon, stir the chocolate and cereal together to evenly coat the cereal.
- Add the 2 cups of powdered sugar to the resealable bags, 1 cup of powdered sugar in each.
- Pour the chocolate cereal into the bags. Seal the bags and shake to completely coat the cereal with powdered sugar.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then add in the chocolate chips (optional). Store in an airtight container.
Sounds easy enough, right? This is a great way to get your S’mores on without overheating yourself in front of a campfire!