This Orange Clove Tart Recipe is heaven, just pure unadulterated heaven. When my friend made it, I was like UM, YES, THAT IS GOING ON THE BLOG. My mouth practically watered just looking at the pic she sent me!! I love oranges, it might just be the South Florida girl in me, but pretty much anything orangish-flavored rates highly in my book. I have a bunch of Halos in my fridge for snacking, even though I follow a mostly low-carb diet.
Just look at this tart. LOOK AT IT.
Right? You can practically taste the sunshine busting off the screen in these pictures! This Orange Clove Tart Recipe is unlike anything you’ll find the bakery of your local grocery store and all of your guests will be so impressed!
Oranges, spices – these are the scents of the winter holidays, and this tart perfectly captures that sentiment and brings them to your mouth!
Orange Clove Tart Recipe
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- Orange Topping Ingredients:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange flavoring (used Lorann Orange Oil)
- ½ teaspoon crushed cloves
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced, rind removed and cut into quarters.
- Crust Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450 and grease a tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, flour, sugar, water and egg until dough begins to come together. Remove from the bowl with your hands and knead a few times.
- Press into the bottom of a prepared pan and up the sides of the pan. Cover the edges with aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Orange Topping Directions:
- Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, orange flavoring, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg into a mixing bowl and beat well. Spread mixture onto the tart and top with prepared oranges. Start from the outside, lining up your oranges and work your way inside.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Cut into 8 wedges.