Chris loves Jalapeno poppers, but as is the case with most of the peppery stuff he enjoys, I just can’t handle that amount of spiciness or heat! A friend created this incredible Jalapeno Bacon Popper Dip Recipe for me and I think I’ve found a happy compromise! This dip still has the hot factor from the Jalapenos but enough creaminess from the cream cheese and shredded cheese that I can eat it without wishing there was a fire extinguisher pointed directly into my mouth!
I have to warn you – be careful with Jalapenos! My mom was recently making Jalapeno poppers for my dad as a special treat and she had a horrible reaction to getting the Jalapeno juices on her skin. Both of her hands and arms were inflamed and she was in a world of hurt! So much so that she came to pick up some Benedryl from me, thinking that she had an allergic reaction. Be super careful when handling and cooking Jalapenos!
Jalapeno Bacon Popper Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (remove all seeds). If you want it hotter, use 4 peppers.
- ⅓ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (save a bit for the garnish)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- This is the fastest and easiest dip, but taste like you worked on it for hours.
- Mix all the ingredients together, till well blended.
- Spread on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish, top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes till edges are golden brown.
TIP: I like to bake mine in two smaller dishes (reduced cooking time a few minutes) I like the dip best when HOT and cheesy right out of the oven.
If I cook it in two pans at different times I can put one out at the start of the party, and pull the second one out once the first one is gone.