These Easter Shortbread Cookies Are So Cute! Full Of Spring Colors and Easy To make, You’ll Want To Bring These For Easter Dessert! Welcome Spring!
Pretty Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe
So pretty, right? These Easter Shortbread Cookies are perfect for welcoming in Spring! The light pastel colored frosting tops these sweet, fluffy cookies perfectly. And, making this shortbread cookies recipe gave me a chance to show off that cute little green serving tray I just love as well. Whether you’re hosting Easter brunch at your house or just want to bring a bit of spring to dessert, these will put smiles on faces and make tummies happy! Cold and snow? What cold and snow?
Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 ¼ Cups of Butter (softened)
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- In a large bowl, blend together the butter and vanilla extract. Add in the powdered sugar, baking soda, and the flour.
- Mix with a fork or with your hands until the ingredients form a workable dough. (completely incorporated with no lumps and soft)
- Press the dough out on a clean surface to about ¼ to ½ inch thick (thicker cookies will stay together better but take a bit longer to cook).
- Cut out shapes in the dough with your favorite Easter or Spring themed cookie cutters. Place the cookie shapes on to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at *350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Cool the cookies completely before frosting.
Use you favorite pre-made frosting or whip up an easy recipe of your own adding a tiny drop of food coloring to make light, pastel colors. This would be a super easy way to get the kids in the kitchen and let them help!
** Baking Tip – Pull shortbread cookies from the oven just as they start to turn golden. Do not over bake or they will be super crunchy, not soft.