This Pretty Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe post may contain affiliate links.
This Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe is just so adorably perfect for the upcoming Easter holiday! Of course, with their beautiful pastel colors and springtime themed shapes, these cookies are also the perfect addition to your spring or summertime lunch or brunch – or even just to stack in the cookie jar that sits on top of your kitchen counter for a little fun treat AND decorative accent! Who doesn’t just love a glass cookie jar full of pretty cookies in their kitchen?
This Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe is full of spring colors and it is actually very easy to make, so you are definitely going to want to give this recipe a try this spring…and during the summer time too!
Pretty Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe
The shortbread cookies are so pretty, right? This Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe are perfect for welcoming in Spring! The light pastel colored frosting tops these sweet, fluffy cookies just perfectly. Not to mention that making this shortbread cookies recipe gave me a chance to show off that cute little green serving tray that I just love as well. It’s so fun to collect party platters and serving trays for family functions and girl’s nights in!
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN EASTER IDEAS? CHECK OUT THESE EASTER DESSERT RECIPES!
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies Recipe
- Easter Funfetti Dip Recipe
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes Recipe
- Easter Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake Recipe
Whether you’re hosting Easter brunch at your house or just want to bring a bit of spring to your family’s dessert, these shortbread cookies will put smiles on everyone’s face and make both adult and little kiddie’s tummies so, so happy! Is there cold and snow outside your window, for those of you up north? Well…What cold and snow?! It’s a bit chilly here in Miami this weekend, with temperatures dipping down into the 60s…I know, I know! You hate me! Well, why don’t you bring a little bit of my Florida sunshine to your dreary winter state with these yummy Easter Shortbread Cookies!
How to Make This Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups of Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter and vanilla extract. Add in the powdered sugar, baking soda, and the flour and mix with a spoon or with your hands until the ingredients form a workable dough.
Press the dough out on a clean counter top to about ¼ to ½ inch thick (thicker cookies will stay together better but take a bit longer to cook). Cut out shapes in the dough with your favorite cookie cutters.
Place the cookie shapes and a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
Cool the cookies completely before frosting.
To print this Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe, click below!
Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 ¼ Cups of Butter softened
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- In a large bowl, blend together the butter and vanilla extract. Add in the powdered sugar, baking soda, and the flour.
- Mix with a fork or with your hands until the ingredients form a workable dough. (completely incorporated with no lumps and soft)
- Press the dough out on a clean surface to about ¼ to ½ inch thick (thicker cookies will stay together better but take a bit longer to cook).
- Cut out shapes in the dough with your favorite Easter or Spring themed cookie cutters. Place the cookie shapes on to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at *350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Cool the cookies completely before frosting.
Use you favorite pre-made frosting or whip up an easy recipe of your own adding a tiny drop of food coloring to make light, pastel colors. This would be a really easy way to get the kids in the kitchen and let them help! It’s so nice to spend time with the family in the kitchen – especially when they’re helping and you aren’t just sitting down to dinner together. It is a great bonding experience for parents and their little ones.
If you need any supplies for making this adorable Easter Shortbread Cookies Recipe, check out my recommendations on Amazon!
** Baking Tip – Pull shortbread cookies from the oven just as they start to turn golden. Do not over bake or they will be super crunchy, not soft.