This Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe for Easter Dessert is a really fun recipe that you can make ahead, to leave you more time for fun on Easter morning!
Now, I personally LOVE orange flavor - I've shared an Orange Cream Cookie Recipe with you guys before, a few years ago!
This Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe for Easter Dessert post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe for Easter Dessert
I have always really loved Easter because our family is so big and there are so many children. We still do Easter egg hunts and make the kids Easter baskets. It is just so much fun!
This cake is really fun and incredibly easy to make, making it the perfect easy dessert for your family’s Easter dinner celebration.
You can even have the kids make it while you are getting Easter dinner ready, because it is so easy to make.
How Does This Mandarin Orange Cake Get its Flavoring?
While this delicious cake does have a slight taste of orange from the oranges that you've mixed into the batter, there is a secret weapon for giving it a bigger orange flavor!
The orange flavoring I use is a teeny dram of LorAnn Oils, which you can purchase on Amazon: LorAnn Super Strength Orange Oil, Natural Flavor, 1 ounce bottle.
Why Make This Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe for Easter Dessert?
This Mandarin Orange Cake recipe is so simple to make and it is packed full of a delicate orange flavor.
It's so easy to make and leaves a big impression, though I am pretty sure that your family and friends already think that you're an awesome baker!Jump to Recipe
Are you looking for more quick an easy dessert recipes to serve like this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe for Easter Dessert?
Check out these really fun dessert recipes on The Rebel Chick, like our Carrot Cake Trifle Recipe. I am always adding new recipes, especially during the holiday months!
Take a look and see if there is anything that sounds tasty to you! You can also type “Easter recipe” in the search bar and find a list of recipes like this Easter Funfetti Dip Recipe.
HOW WILL YOU SPEND THE EASTER HOLIDAY DURING THE CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK?
We will likely all spend Easter alone in our own homes, except maybe for me and one of my sisters who doesn’t have any children – I MAY go to my parents. I don’t even know if that is safe, as my parents are older…
Everything is just so uncertain right now, with the main priority of course being that everyone to avoid each another and remaining healthy. What better time than now for us all to hunker down in our kitchens and try something new to make the holiday a little more exciting?
Especially for single folks who will be celebrating - or not - alone. If you celebrate Easter, it is still just as special as it is with your friends and family...just a bit lonelier.
I spent Easter alone last year because I was so depressed over the guy I was seeing ghosting me on my birthday (the day before) that I didn't even have an appetite. Screw that dude. Jesus, what was I thinking?! I didn't even have a bad birthday, though I was home in bed by 9 PM because I anticipated spending that evening with that jackass.
Anyway, this cake is awesome. Much more satisfying then men who don't text you on your birthday.
How to Make This Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 box, 15.25 oz, white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can, 15 oz, mandarin oranges
- 1 tub, 8 oz, whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small box, 3.4 oz, instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ teaspoon orange flavoring
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
How to make this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set this aside while you mix your cake mix up. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil and juice of oranges. Beat this all together really well at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fold the oranges into your batter and stir, but do not MIX it - make sure not to break up the oranges too much. It is best if you do not break them up at all. They are so juicy and tasty when bitten into whole! Then pour your prepared batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set when a toothpick is inserted into it. Let cool completely.
Add whipped topping and pudding mix together in a bowl (do not add milk to the pudding mix, just keep it dry).
Mix well. Add flavoring and mix well.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Once cake is completely cooled, frost with icing and serve.
Store any leftover cake covered and refrigerated. Now, it will stay good for a few days, but after a while the frosting will definitely sink down into the cake and make it soggier.
This Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe makes 24 slices.
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon!
Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Measuring Cup Set - This versatile measuring cup set includes ¼ cup, ⅓ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup sizes. It can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The clearly marked measurements help you quickly find sizes. BPA-free plastic construction holds up to everyday use ad the cups nest together and attach to a ring for easy access in drawers and cabinets.
Share this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Related Cakes and Cupcakes Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Cake and Cupcake Recipes
To print this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 box 15.25 oz, white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 can 15 oz, mandarin oranges
- 1 tub 8 oz, whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small box 3.4 oz, instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ teaspoon orange flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, oil and juice of oranges. Beat well for 2 minutes. Fold in oranges and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set when a toothpick is inserted into it. Let cool completely.
- Add whipped topping and pudding mix together in a bowl (do not add milk to the pudding mix, just keep it dry). Mix well. Add flavoring and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once cake is completely cooled, frost with icing and serve.
- Store leftover cake covered and refrigerated.
Did you enjoy this Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe? Please take a moment to share it on Pinterest for me!
LET THE KIDS MAKE THIS DIY EASTER BUNNY BANNER!
You can get the step by step instructions here!