It’s that time of year again. The time of year when every Sunday is game day. It’s football season, baby! To celebrate the dusting off of the gridiron, Chevron Texaco is bringing back the Game Day Chef Challenge.
The Game Day Chef Challenge is Back
Back for its second year, the Game Day Chef Challenge from Chevron is on the hunt for the best game day dish for some tailgating deliciousness. They’re asking football fans, foodies, and chefs to enter their go-to game day dish with one or more food or beverage ingredients purchased at a Chevron Texaco.
It can be simple or involved. A quick throw-together or an all day smoke house feast. The Challenge welcomes all recipes. Just submit your unique recipe using one or more ingredients from a Chevron Texaco to The Game Day Chef Challenge web page for a chance to win great prizes. The contest starts Saturday, August 1st through Wednesday, September 30th, so start thinking up a winner or pull out a favorite, and submit it!
My Game Day Winner – Tuna Noodle Casserole
I stopped by my local Chevron station and was happy to find a few great proteins to make a quick and easy game day meal. Between tuna, jerky, and sausages, I knew that tuna was going to be the winner in our house!
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 - 10.5 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 - 2.5 oz tuna pouches
- 1 can of milk
- 12 oz noodles any shape (for this recipe I used penne)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions (about 10-12 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size baking dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk and tuna. Add salt & pepper to taste (see photo).
- Once the noodles have finished cooking, drain and add them to the soup and tuna mixture (see photo).
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes until heated through.
See if You Can Dominate The Game Day Chef Challenge
Have you got what it takes to throw down the gauntlet, break through the line, and dominate The Game Day Chef Challenge? You won’t know until you try. Take an old favorite, or create a new taste sensation and submit it to The Game Day Chef Challenge to find out. Just be sure you use one or more ingredients from Chevron Texaco.
The Game Day Chef Challenge is open to residents 18 and older in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington state, and Wyoming. For full rule and prizes visit www.TheGameDayChef.com.
And don’t forget to “Get Social with The Game Day Chef!”
The Game Day Chef Challenge for sponsoring this conversation.