Shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta is a classic Italian dish that everyone loves. Whip up this creamy, flavorful seafood dinner for family or friends and watch it disappear.
Who doesn't love a medley of succulent shrimp, vibrant spinach, and tantalizing seasonings? And angel hair pasta is so delicate and perfect for twirling around these little shrimp so that every bite is perfect!
This simple, but flavorful Italian shrimp scampi pasta is the perfect easy dinner recipe for those who want a fine Italian meal without going out to an expensive restaurant.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta
Shrimp scamp is one of the most iconic Italian dishes out there. If you ask anyone about it, they'll have tried it at least once, and they'll probably have loved it, too.
I love making this recipe for a fancier dinner because it looks like something you'd find in a restaurant, but it's incredibly easy to make. You can't beat a combination like that.
This recipe was inspired by our Low Carb Shrimp Zoodle Scampi Recipe!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's an easy dish that only uses a few limited ingredients.
- It's fully loaded with delicious flavor.
- It's easy to make.
- It's an excellent family or party dinner.
- The tender shrimp and creamy sauce are perfect over those fine noodles.
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the recipe card, just scroll right on down to the bottom, where I have a printable recipe card just for you!
I know that a lot of people are old fashioned - like me! - and like to have a printed out recipe card.
Are recipe books still a thing in your household? Check out these cool recipe books (blank so that you can fill them up with your own recipes!) on Amazon!
Are you looking for more One Pot Meals like this Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta?
Everyone loves an easy One Pot Meal for dinner! If you are looking for other easy to make dinners like this Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta, then you should also try our Chicken Black Beans Skillet or our Sausage Tortellini Skillet!
Ingredients you will need to make our Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta
The ingredients needed to make this recipe are fairly limited, and you can find them all at your local grocery store. You can check them out right here, but you'll find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Raw shrimp, peeled and divined
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh spinach
- Heavy cream
- Green pesto
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
How to Make Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
Shrimp scampi might be a dish that feels fancy, but it's actually super easy to make. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. You'll be all done in no time.
The recipe overview is here, but be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact instructions.
1: Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente, drain, and set aside.
2: Cook the onions and garlic.
3: Add the shrimp and cook until light pink.
4: Add the pesto and heavy cream and simmer.
5: Add the tomatoes and simmer.
6: Add the spinach and simmer.
7: Remove the dish from the heat.
8. Stir the pasta into the sauce and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese on top!
Enjoy your Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta!
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
Substitutions and Variations for our Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta
- You can use spaghetti, thin spaghetti or even fettuccini in place of angel hair pasta.
- Try short noodles in place of long ones.
- If you don't have heavy cream, you can use half and half or even milk.
- For a kick of heat and flavor, try adding chopped jalapenos.
Refrigerator: Store in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days.
Freezer: Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Add the shrimp scampi to a skillet with a bit of butter and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
What to Serve with Shrimp Scampi
This delicious shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta has everything you need for a complete filling meal right there on the plate, so I recommend keeping sides simple. Serve this with things like:
- Crusty bread
- Garlic bread
- Garlic cheese bread
- Simple side salad
Our Garlic Focaccia Bread is the perfect side for this tasty one pot meal!
Tips for making the best Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta
- Cook your pasta to al dente and that's it. You don't want mushy noodles.
- Cook your shrimp and vegetables as you add the cream. This staggered cooking makes perfectly cooked shrimp scampi.
- Add the garlic after the onions are cooked so you don't burn it.
Share this Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION? Sign up below to receive my newsletter filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and family adventures straight into your inbox:
To print this Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta, click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Shrimp Scampi With Angel Hair Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Wash all of your produce.
- Dice the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Half the cherry tomatoes.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil, add diced onions and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the peeled shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes, or until light pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the pesto, stir until well combined.
- Add the heavy cream, stir, and let simmer for a few more minutes.
- Then add the diced cherry tomatoes. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the spinach, cook for 3 more minutes, and remove from heat.
- Mix the cooked spaghetti in the sauce and divide over 4 serving bowls.
- Top with parmesan cheese.