This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seafood Nutrition Partnership. All opinions are 100% mine.
I admit I’m easily bored in the kitchen. It can sometimes feel like I’m stuck making the same things over and over again but in the age of Pinterest, it can be daunting to find recipes that are just EASY. Recipes that don’t take hours to make, with elaborate kitchen utensils I’ve never heard of, and ingredients I can’t seem to find. Don’t get me wrong. I like to let out my inner Julia Child as much as the next person but a regular ole’ weeknight when I’m just cooking for Angeline and I is not that time.
So I promise you’re going to love this Shrimp Zoodle Scampi Recipe. Why? Because it’s delicious. Okay, also because it only requires FIVE ingredients (that you can actually find in your local Walmart), zero fancy kitchen utensils, and it takes less than 15 minutes. You love it already, right? I made this recipe to coincide with the Seafood Nutrition Partnership, who is encouraging everyone to take the Healthy Heart Pledge by promising to yourself and your family to eat at least two servings of seafood each week while supplementing your diet with omega-3’s. You can sign-up with the link above, by tweeting #HealthyHeartPledge, or by liking the Seafood Nutrition Partnership Facebook Page. They’re also hosting the Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes through October 21st. Entering is easy: On Instagram or Twitter, share a photo of a seafood dish prepared using 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices/garnishes) and list the ingredients along with the recipe if possible. Use the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes on your post!
Shrimp Zoodle Scampi Recipe
Shrimp Zoodle Scampi Recipe Author:Ingredients
- 3 to 6 firm zucchini and summer squash
- 1 package of instant/90 second microwave style coconut rice
- about 2 cups of shelled, clean shrimp, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil (I prefer the natural richness of the avocado oil and how it takes on a buttery flavor when heated but either will work nicely).
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash the vegetables before transforming them into noodles.
- Heat a large nonstick pan to medium and add the avocado oil. Give the oil a few extra seconds to heat before adding in the noodles. Cover and allow noodles to cook for a few minutes before stirring and adding in the instant coconut rice. The rice will cook perfectly in the liquid from the vegetables and create a hint of a creamy texture. Add in a little sea salt and pepper.
- Cook until the vegetable noodles are tender and the rice is cooked through, this is typically about 6 to 8 minutes total depending on the size of the pan and how many noodles being made at a time. They hold up well to being over cooked and are quite nice when al dente so you can’t go wrong with how long they cook for.
- Plate the noodles and add a little more oil to the pan. Toss in the fresh/thawed and clean shrimp. Cook on medium for about 2 minutes per side or until they have transitioned from being translucent to being white with brighter orange lines and are slightly golden. Top the noodles with the shrimp and serve right away.
Not only is it super simple to whip together but it’s a healthy dish and it’s star ingredient is good for your heart, using veggies AND seafood!
Did you know that eating seafood twice a week can support your heart and brain health? Seafood is high in healthy fats known as omega-3s, which are essential for heart health and brain health! Shrimp is a versatile seafood that’s easy to incorporate into your weekly menu in a variety of ways.
More about the Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes:
A total of ten winners will be randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule to win a $250 gift card. People can submit one entry per day, and SNP will announce winners on http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com, and SNP’s Instagram and Twitter accounts.
No purchase necessary. The sweepstakes ends on 10/21/16. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions, visit http://www.SNPSweepstakes.com. Void where prohibited.