Our Orange Crush Cake is an easy to make orange soda cake that we made in our Instant Pot!
Have you gotten into the craze of baking with an Instant Pot yet?
If you have not discovered the world of easy baking in your Instant Pot, then you are in for a treat!
This cake with orange soda is the perfect recipe to get your feet wet with baking in an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Why we love this easy Orange Crush Cake
Are you looking for a sweet treat to make your next gathering extra special? Or perhaps you are just looking for something different to whip up to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Well, if you have an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi, look no further! Our Orange Crush cake is going to be the perfect easy dessert for the Spring holidays.
Just imagine how cute it will look sitting on your Easter dessert table! It is also a great recipe to make all summer long!
Skip heating up the whole kitchen with a hot oven. With out Orange Crush Cake, all you need is an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi.
We have just the recipe that will bring smiles to everyone's face with this 3 ingredient Orange Crush Cake!
Yes, you read that correctly! This is the best Orange Crush Cake recipe that you will find because it requires only 3 simple ingredients!
This Orange Crush pound cake using cake mix was inspired by my Cherry Cake Stuffed Cookies recipe on this site.
It also pairs well with this Not Your Grandma's Strawberry Fluff Salad Recipe for a nice brunch or afternoon gathering.
Are you looking for other easy dessert recipes to make like our Orange Crush Cake?
If you are loving the idea of this easy cake mix recipe, I think that you will like our Lime Poke Cake too! I love to incorporate box mixes in my baking because it saves me so much time. I don't have to worry about hacing baking soda or baking powder on hand. If I am running out of vanilla, or suddenly find that my flour has expired...
Making baked goods from scratch are fun, but sometimes it is just easier to just a cake mix or cookie mix!
If you are loving the idea of this easy cake mix recipe, I think that you will like our Lime Poke Cake too! You might also want to try these cake and cupcake recipes:
Cake and Cupcake Recipes
What You Need to Make Orange Crush Soda Pop Cake
This tasty cake is super easy to make and will not take any extra time out of your busy day. It requires only a few classic pantry staples.
Just your run of the mill box of cake mix, Orange Crush soda, and you do not even really need the powdered sugar.
Get ready for bursts of flavor with each bite as we share this unique orange dessert.
Not only will the kids love our Orange Crush cake, but it is sure to be a hit among all of your friends and family too!
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this Instant Pot Cake
- Orange cake mix - You can do a Duncan Hines orange crush cake or Orange Crush cake Betty Crocker cake mix, either one is fine!
- Orange soda
- Powdered Sugar - this is actually an optional ingredient. You can skip the dusting of powdered sugar on top of the cake. Then this is really just a 2 ingredient Orange Crush cake, which is even EASIER to make!
What is the best Orange Soda brand to use? As the name of the recipe would imply, we recommend using Orange Crush soda. However, you can also use Orange Fanta, Sunkist or a store brand orange soda. I have heard that there is an Orange Crush Cake Walmart sells using their Great Value Brand of orange soda!
Please keep in mind that all of the exact amounts for each ingredient for this Orange Crush pound cake are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Directions for how to make this Orange Crush Cake
Our first step is greasing a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Once it has a nice and even coating, set it aside. Isn't it nice that there is no preheating the oven with our easy Instant Pot cake recipe?
Add the box of orange cake mix and the orange soda to a large mixing bowl and mix them together well.
The orange cake batter mixture will be fizzy from the carbonation in the soda.
You are only going to mix it gently until the orange cake mix is mixed well. Next you are going to pour your orange cake batter into your prepared bundt pan.
Cover the orange bundt cake from cake mix with a piece of paper towel and then cover the paper towel with aluminum foil.
Loosely wrap the aluminum foil around the bdunt cake pan.
Now we are going to create a sling by using a long piece of aluminum foil and folding it in half. Place the bundt cake pan onto the center of the sling and bring the ends up toward the sides to the center.
Place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Put the trivet into the Instant Pot and then place the bundt cake pan down into the pot. Next you are going to tuck the foil down into the pan if it is extending beyond the top of the pan.
Now you are going to place the lid onto the Instant Pot and secure the lid shut. Make sure that you close the pressure release valve!
Lastly, set the Instant Pot to manual, on high pressure for set the timer for 45 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, open the pressure valve with a hot mitt. Then open the lid to your Instant Pot and carefully remove the cake by lifting the sling out of the bundt cake pan.
Be very careful as the water in the pan is hot and so is the cake!
Place the pan onto a protected surface and remove the foil and paper towel. Let set until cooled completely.
Invert the bundt cake pan onto a serving platter or cake plate and sprinkle it generously with powdered sugar before serving.
Variations of this Orange Crush Cake Recipe
This 3 ingredient Orange Crush Cake is the perfect recipe for an April brunch because it is so easy to make! However, I know that you all like to experiment so I am sharing a few ideas for switching it up!
- Lemon Lime Soda - you can make a lemon line soda cake by switching the orange cake mix for lemon cake mix, or a plain white cake mix. Then use lemon lime soda in place of the orange crush soda.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - you can whip up a simple homemade cream cheese frosting if you want a frosting on this orange crush cake! I would recommend that you use a TINY amount of orange food coloring in the cream cheese frosting to keep in the theme.
- Orange Glaze - If you would like to know how to make orange glaze for cake, you can check out this Orange Icing Glaze recipe.
- Cool Whip - serve each slice of this orange crush cake with a heaping dallop of Cool Whip for a super light dessert!
See this Mandarin Orange Cake recipe that we shared a while ago that includes mandarin oranges in the cake batter!
Here is the equipment we recommend for making our Orange Crush Cake
We used the Instant Pot DUO60 V2 model, and the pan that was used for inside the Instant Pot is a 6 cup Bundt Pan. You can buy a metal Nordic Ware Formed Bundt Pan or a Silicone Bunte Cake Pan set on Amazon. I know all about Bundt Pan baking, but I loved this spin on the classic baking method! Our Orange Crush Bundt cake made in the Instant Pot is going to change the way you think about baking!
After the Instant Pot craze hit the Foodie community a few years ago, I bought one! Then I upgraded to a Ninja Foodi Pro, which does IT ALL! I love being able to quickly prepare so many different recipes. I mean, I love cooking with my slow cooker, but anything that helps me save time definitely needs to be checked out!
Check out the Ninja Foodi Pro 12 in 1 Deluxe Model!
As I have mentioned in many of my slow cooker, pressure cooker and air fryer recipe posts, I absolutely LOVE my Ninja Foodi Pro! The Ninja FD401 Foodi 12-in-1 Deluxe XL 8 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 5 qt. Crisper Basket, Deluxe Reversible Rack & Recipe Book can be found for under $180 on Amazon now! It has so many functions: programmable cooking functions to Pressure Cook, Air Fry/Air Crisp, Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Broil, Dehydrate, Sous Vide & Keep Warm.
I also highly recommend using Air Fryer Disposable Parchment Paper Cooking Paper for Air Fryers if you want to skip a messy clean up! Get it here on Amazon!
Share this Recipe for Orange Crush Cake with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this recipe for a super easy Orange Crush Cake made in the Instant Pot as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star recipe rating/review below and help me share this best orange cake recipe in the world on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the orange soda cake recipe, I hope you will share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
How To Store Your Orange Crush Cake
This is such a simple cake to make and so full of moisture and orange flavor! If you are making our orange cake in advance of a gathering or party, store it in an airtight container. Likewise, if you have any leftover cake, store it in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
FAQs about our Orange Crush Cake
Fanta uses natural flavorings for their fruit flavored beverages, including Orange and Grape. Crush is made with artificial flavors, so Crush tastes more like orange candy. Fanta tastes more like fizzy orange juice.
Check out our other Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi recipes!
Do you love using your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi? Well, so do I! Check out some of our most recent recipes using these amazing kitchen gadgets!
To print this Orange Crush Cake recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Orange Crush Cake
- 1 15.25 oz orange cake mix
- 12 ounces orange soda
- Powdered Sugar
- vanilla ice cream for serving optional
- Grease a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add cake mix and soda to a mixing bowl and mix well. Mixture will be fizzy from the carbonation in the soda. Just mix gently until the cake is mixed well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cover the cake with a piece of paper towel and cover the paper towel with foil. Loosely wrap the foil around the pan.
- Create a sling by using a long piece of foil and folding it in half. Place the pan onto the center of the sling and bring the ends up toward the sides to the center.
- Place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot. Place the trivet into the pot and place the cake into the pot. Tuck the foil down into the pan if it is extending beyond the top of the pan.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot and secure the lid shut. Close the pressure release valve. Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 45 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, open the pressure valve with a hot mitt. Open the lid and carefully remove the cake by lifting the sling out of the pan. Be very careful as the water in the pan is hot and so is the cake!
- Place the pan onto a protected surface and remove the foil and paper towel. Let set until cooled completely.
- Invert the pan onto a serving platter or cake plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream before serving.