If you love our cake mix cookies, you are going to LOVE our chocolate butterscotch chip cookies made with chocolate pudding mix!
These butterscotch chocolate cookies are perfect combination of rich, chocolaty goodness and ooey-gooey butterscotch chips all nestled inside a warm, crumbly cookie.
I ask you...what could possibly be any better?
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Why you will love our chocolate butterscotch chip cookies
It is time to indulge in something truly delicious - cookies with butterscotch chips! We will show you how to create these chocolate and butterscotch treats and ensure no doughy disasters.
Our cookies using butterscotch chips are the perfect combination of rich, chocolaty goodness and ooey-gooey butterscotch chips!
All nestled inside a warm, crumbly cookie! I mean, really, what could be better?!
Plus our recipes using butterscotch chips are an easy dessert that anyone can make from the comfort of their own home with minimal prep or cooking skills needed.
So let’s get the oven preheated, grab our ingredients, and learn exactly how to make the latest of our cookie recipes!Jump to Recipe
Are you looking for more Cookie Recipes?
If you are looking for other recipes like this Chocolate Butterscotch Chips Cookies, you might want to give these a try!
Why you should make these chocolate butterscotch cookies
If you're a fan of chocolate chip butterscotch cookies, then these chocolate butterscotch chip cookies are sure to wow you!
The rich, chocolatey flavor from the chocolate pudding mix combined with the sweet and creamy butterscotch chips create a tantalizing taste sensation!
One bite of these delicious double chocolate butterscotch chip cookies will transport you to dessert heaven.
And let's not forget the texture of our cookies made with butterscotch chips and pudding!
Our easy recipes with butterscotch chips deliver a perfect balance of crispy edges and chewy centers, making them the ultimate comfort treat.
Whether you're a cookie enthusiast or just looking for a sweet fix, these butterscotch cookies from scratch are not to be missed.
Here are the Ingredients that you will need to make our Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Please note that we are using chocolate pudding mix to make these super chocolaty and dense. The pudding mix makes for amazingly moist cookies!
- all purpose flour
- baking soda - please note that there is no baking powder in this recipe due to the pudding mix!
- salted butter, softened to room temperature
- light brown sugar, packed
- granulated sugar
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- large eggs
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Butterscotch Chips
See the printable recipe card at the end of this post for the exact quantities.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Instructions for how to make our Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set it to the side.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
Using a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. This should take at least 2 minutes.
Once combined, add in the chocolate pudding mix, pure vanilla extract and the eggs and beat on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add Butterscotch Chips and stir with a rubber spatula until mixed thoroughly.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer on low to start, after about 1 minute then turn the mixer up to high and mix until combined.
Use a cookie scoop to make even cookie dough balls and place them on your parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden and just set on the top. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Substitutions and Variations
You can feel free to mix up things a bit with this recipe! Cookies are always a delicious treat, but why settle for just okay when you can make them extra delicious? One simple tip is to add more chips, whether it's chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or even peanut butter chips. The more, the merrier!
- chocolate butterscotch oatmeal cookies - add ¼ cup of quick cooking oats to the batter
- salted chocolate butterscotch cookies - sprinkle coarse sea salt on top of the cookies before cooking
- butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies - replace 1 or ½ cups of the butterscotch chips in this recipe with semi sweet chocolate chips to make this a butterscotch chocolate chip cookies recipe!
Share this recipe for our Chocolate butterscotch chip cookies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Chocolate butterscotch chip cookies recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope that you will share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon!
Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Measuring Cup Set - This versatile measuring cup set includes ¼ cup, ⅓ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup sizes. It can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The clearly marked measurements help you quickly find sizes. BPA-free plastic construction holds up to everyday use ad the cups nest together and attach to a ring for easy access in drawers and cabinets.
How to Store Chocolate Butterscotch Chips Cookies
You can store these dessert recipes with butterscotch chips in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them in a freezer proof Ziplock for up to a month!
FAQs about our Chocolate Butterscotch Chips Cookies
Aside from this recipe, I find that butterscotch chips work really well in a variety of cookies that you would usually use chocolate chips in! If you love butterscotch, do some experimenting!
Caramel is made by heating white sugar to various stages, and butterscotch is made with brown sugar and butter. Butterscotch has a deeper, more rounded flavor.
Are you looking for more fun dessert recipes?
You can easily make this recipe into chocolate butterscotch bars by spreading the cookie dough in a brownie pan. If you love cookie bars like our Peanut Butter Cookie Bars, check these out! These are just a few of my favorite blondies, brownies and bars recipes!
To print the recipe for our Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Chocolate butterscotch chip cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside
- Using a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light brown , at least 2 minutes.
- Once combined, add the pudding mix, vanilla and eggs and beat on high for 3-4 minutes
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer on low to start, after about 1 minute then turn the mixer up to high and mix until combined.
- Add Butterscotch Chips and stir with a rubber spatula until mixed thoroughly
- Use a cookie maker and make even balls and place everything on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden and just set on the top.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.
Fun activities that go along with baking these cookies – like having a decorating contest with family and friends!
Baking easy recipes with butterscotch chips is one of the most enjoyable and satisfying activities during holidays or lazy weekends. But why just stop at baking them when you can have even more fun with your friends and family by hosting a cookie decorating contest?
It's the perfect way to spend a lively and entertaining afternoon while indulging in your favorite cookies made with butterscotch chips. Everyone can get creative and showcase their baking and decorating skills while enjoying each other's company. There's no limit to the combinations of toppings and colors one can use, so have fun and enjoy creating unique and delightful cookies together.