This fun Banana Pudding Cookies Recipes is such a fun dessert, and it is so easy to make!
We love making cookies and are always trying to find new recipes for you all!
Well, they are definitely for US too - but you know what I mean!
Do you love the classic banana pudding dessert? You know, the one your grandma used to make.
The creamy, cold, decadent pudding served at the church potluck, or every Easter dinner with your family? Yes, THAT banana pudding dessert!
This Banana Pudding Cookies Recipe post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Banana Pudding Cookies Recipes
I have always loved banana pudding, banana cream pie, banana bread - I even came up with these amazing banana bread cookies a few years ago!
This Banana Cookie Recipe is a rich, decadent alternative to a big, heaping spoonful of banana pudding - and these cookies are perfect for sharing, or even freezing for later.
These banana pudding cookies are crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, and they are so moist - except for that little bite of Nilla wafer that you bite into now and then!
These banana pudding cookies will remind you of your childhood dessert days, with all of that creamy, delicious banana pudding flavor!
How many cookies does this Banana Pudding Cookies recipes make?
Now, this delightful recipe yields approximately 42 banana pudding cookies, making it an ideal choice for sharing with your neighbors!
It is also a great recipe to bring to a church potluck, or to divvy up in freezer proof Ziploc bags and freeze some for another time.Jump to Recipe
Do you want even more cookie recipes like this Banana Pudding Cookies Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this easy banana treat? I love baking cookies - they are my favorite thing to make in the kitchen!!
One of my new favorite cookie recipes is this Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookie Bars! Check it out and then take a look at some of my most recent cookie recipes:
How to Make This Banana Pudding Cookies Recipes
A few notes from the baker
A few notes for those that keep track of these sorts of things:
This recipe takes a total of 37 minutes to cook, from start to finish!
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 32 minutes; Total 37 minutes
Banana Pudding Cookies Ingredients
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup shortening - we have always used Crisco shortening because it makes perfect cookies.
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg banana instant pudding and pie filling (3.4 oz.) dry from the packet, unprepared
- 1 cup coarsely chopped vanilla wafers
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Banana Pudding Cookies Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
In a bowl, blend together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
Once those are well incorporated, pour in the banana pudding dry mix, baking soda, and salt. Blend together.
After those have been mixed, add flour a little bit at a time until it is well mixed.
Next, pour in the chopped vanilla wafers. Fold those in the batter with a large spoon.
On a greased cookie sheet, scoop the dough to form balls into 1 ½-2 inch balls, or you can use a cookie scoop.
Bake each cookie sheet at about 8-9 minutes.
When cooked, remove each cookie from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
When cooled, serve, and enjoy!
Share these Banana Pudding Cookies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Banana Pudding Cookies recipes as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Do you need ideas for what to serve for dinner tonight?
Well, now that you have what you are having for dessert figured out, have you thought about dinner? Check out some of our favorite Easy Dinner Recipes!
Easy Dinner Recipes
To print this Banana Pudding Cookies Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Banana Pudding Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- In a bowl, blend together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Once those are well incorporated, pour in the banana pudding dry mix, baking soda, and salt. Blend together.
- After those have been mixed, add flour a little bit at a time until it is well mixed.
- Next, pour in the chopped vanilla wafers. Fold those in the batter with a large spoon.
- On a greased cookie sheet, scoop the dough to form balls into 1 ½-2 inch balls, or you can use a cookie scoop.
- Bake each cookie sheet at about 8-9 minutes.
- When cooked, remove each cookie from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
Here is the equipment that you will need to make our Banana Pudding Cookies Recipes
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon!
Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Measuring Cup Set - This versatile measuring cup set includes ¼ cup, ⅓ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup sizes. It can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The clearly marked measurements help you quickly find sizes. BPA-free plastic construction holds up to everyday use ad the cups nest together and attach to a ring for easy access in drawers and cabinets.