I’ve been on a baking and goodie-making spree lately, which sucks because I can’t eat of the delicious treats that I’ve made because of the changes I have made in my diet! I made this beautiful Valentines Day fudge recipe yesterday.
I couldn’t eat it. Well, I tasted a tiny piece just to make sure that it tasted as great as it looked – it totally did – but the rest went to my mom and Angeline.
I got the idea for this Valentines Day Fudge recipe idea on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and shared the original strawberry fudge recipe in this Valentine’s Day Dessert post. When I tried it myself, I found that I was missing the white chocolate, and only had white candy melts on hand.
Everyone loves Wilton candy melts, right? I figured how bad could they be in the place of white chocolate chips?
As it turns out, they’re not bad at all. In fact, I want to try this recipe again with cream cheese frosting and red Wilton candy melts, with a drop of Red Velvet flavoring…
Damn this healthy eating!
Easy Valentines Day Fudge Recipe
Easy Homemade 2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge Recipe
- 1 canister of strawberry cake frosting
- 1 bag of Wilton white candy melts
- Optional sprinkles
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or line with wax paper. I used a nonstick cooking spray and while the edges were difficult to remove without breaking the fudge, it came off of the bottom of my dish very easily.
- Microwave your Wilton candy melts at 30 second intervals for a total of 1.5 to 2 minutes, stirring between intervals.
- Once your Wilton candy melts are completely melted and stirred until smooth, pour it into a bowl with the cake frosting and mix well.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish and top with sprinkles if you are adding sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then cut with a knife and remove carefully with a fork or spatula.
Tip: It is important to add any decorative toppings as soon as you can, as they will not adhere as well if the fudge has already begun to set.
This Valentines Day Fudge Recipe will last up to a week in the fridge as long as it is in an airtight container.