Are you trying to figure out How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine's Day?
Everyone loves chocolate dipped strawberries, don't they? The chocolate covered strawberry photos online always look so decadent and rich - you won't believe how EASY it is to make chocolate covered berries at home!
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine's Day
- 1 pint of fresh ripe but not too ripe strawberries
- 8 ounces of quality white chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable shortening like Crisco
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- Thoroughly wash and dry your strawberries. To be certain they were dry I used a paper towel on each berry, including the green tops before dipping. You will want them to room temperature before dipping.
- Melt your chocolate according to the package instructions. Have a tray lined with wax paper ready to go along with your chocolate and flaked coconut in bowls that can easily be dipped into before starting.
- Once everything is out you will want to move fast to ensure you’re able to dip into the coconut before the chocolate starts to set. Be sure to dip most of the strawberry into the white chocolate and then the same amount into the coconut flakes. The chocolate will harden faster than you might expect-in only a few minutes.
- After dipping carefully place each strawberry on the tray with enough space that they will not touch. Let set up full then cover or transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.