This Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe is so much fun to make and is a tasty and colorful festive candy. You'll find that this particular recipe for an easy Valentine's Day treat will become one of your favorite Valentine's Day Ideas!
This is chocolate bark recipe is a sweet treat with loads of candy that you can make in different ways, and this great recipe this will be the Best Valentine's Day Chocolate Bark Recipe that you will ever make!
This Valentine's Day Bark was inspired by this Strawberry Chocolate Bark that I shared a few years ago for Driscoll's Strawberries, and goes to the next level with this Strawberry Chocolate Dalgona Recipe.
Ingredients needed to make this Valentine's Chocolate Bark
So many try to figure out how to make chocolate for Valentine's day, but with this Valentine Chocolate Bark Recipe, you'll find it's a better way!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips - You can use any type of chocolate, but I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Wilton red candy melts / pink candy melts / white candy melts
- Conversation candy hearts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
You can check out the printable recipe card below for the exact quantities.
Instructions for making this Valentine Bark Festive Treat
With just a few simple ingredients and a little love, this Candy Bark Recipe is the perfect way to celebrate this fun holiday with the chocolate lovers in your life. The detailed step by step instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl or glass bowl and microwave on 50% powder for for 30-second intervals.
Spread melted chocolate into an even layer on your prepared cookie sheet lined with wax paper, about ¼" thick and then set aside.
Drizzle and loop one color at a time on top of the best chocolate.
Repeat with additional colors and on the last color add conversation hearts to the melted candy.
Use a knife to carefully cut the candy bark into pieces and serve.
Hint: You can arrange this easy Valentine's Day dessert idea on a serving tray or fill cellophane bags with them to hand out to your loved ones.
How to Cut Chocolate Bark
So many people wonder how to cut chocolate bark, and the answer isn't actually very clear cut - pun intended! I recommend putting your chocolate bark in the freezer for about 5 minutes so that it is nice and solid, then using a sharp knife to cut chocolate bark into squares.
HOWEVER - the fun thing about chocolate bark is that it is all broken up, just as pieces of bark from a tree would be if you tore them off. Just have fun with it!
This is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes for the holidays because you can go crazy with different ingredients and really make it your own!
- White Chocolate - Instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can use white chocolate chips! ad make this a white chocolate bark!
- Dark Chocolate- You can use dark chocolate chips in place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- Peanut Butter - Add ½ teaspoon of peanut butter to the chocolate and make it a peanut butter chocolate bark!
Why Should you Make this
This Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe is a tasty and colorful festive candy. Who doesn't like a an easy Valentine's Day treat? This is chocolate bark recipe is a sweet treat with loads of candy that you can make in different ways, and this great recipe for Valentine's Day Chocolate Bark Recipe will quickly become one of your favorite tasty treats!
See this Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bark Recipe that we made last year!
You can store any leftover chocolate candies in a sealed container or airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
These ingredients do stand up well to freezing, but for no longer than a few months.
Share this Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love our Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this guide on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! If you have made this family favorite recipe, please let us know, as we love getting feedback from our readers!
Related Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi Recipe dishes to serve with Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe:
Print this Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Valentines Chocolate Bark Recipe
- 1 package 12 oz, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon red candy melts
- 1 tablespoon pink candy melts
- 1 tablespoon white candy melts
- conversation candy hearts
- valentine's day sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet or rimmed baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl or glass bowl and microwave on 50% powder for for 30-second intervals. Stir with a rubber spatula or butter knife. Return to the microwave and repeat, heating and stirring the milk chocolate until smooth. Spread melted chocolate into an even layer on your prepared cookie sheet lined with wax paper, about ¼" thick and then set aside.
- Add each color candy melts to a separate resealable sandwich bag but do not seal. Let's start with the pink! Place the chocolate wafers candy melts into a microwave-safe container and microwave at 50% power for 30-second intervals. Knead the bag of melted pink chocolate and flip over. Return to microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power and knead until smooth. Seal the bag and snip the tip.
- For best results, you will want to use this method described above, but you can using a small pan or a double boiler over an inch of water is also a great way to melt your chocolate for this easy Valentine dessert.
- Drizzle and loop one color at a time on top of the best chocolate. Add valentine sprinkles. Repeat with additional colors and on the last color add conversation hearts to the melted candy.
- Let stand to harden.
- Use a knife to carefully cut the candy bark into pieces and serve.