I love olive oil, and I use it in all kinds of recipes! When I was asked to try my hand at making a Tuscan-braised chicken thighs recipe featuring Carbonell Olive Oil as part of a paid SocialMoms and www.CarbonellUSA.com blogging program, I knew that this would be the perfect thing to share with you guys! Of course, the opinions and ideas expressed here are my own, and you can read more posts on this topic here.
As much as I love olive oil, I hadn’t used Carbonell before last week! Seeing as how Carbonell has been Spain’s number one olive oil since 1866, I don’t know why I’d never tried it before! The “Dare to Carbonell” campaign celebrates the immense flavor, unique culture and unbridled passion of all-natural, healthy, pure flavor of Spain. Yum!
The Dare to Carbonell campaign celebrates the launch of the new www.CarbonellUSA.com website, and I was challenged- or dared, if you will – to try to recreate one of Carbonell’s signature recipes featuring one of the three varieties of Carbonell olive oil.
Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Has a rich taste and smooth flavor.
- Perfect for salads, dips, marinades and drizzling over dishes.
Fantastically Light Extra Light Olive Oil
- Has a light taste that is perfect for high-heat cooking such as frying, sautéing – even baking!
Distinctly Classic Olive Oil
- Has a traditional flavor, great as an all-purpose cooking oil, adding a mild flavor to soups, sauces and grilled meats and veggies!
Tuscan-Braised Chicken Thighs Recipe
Tuscan-Braised Chicken Thighs Recipe with Carbonell Olive Oil #DaretoCarbonell
- 1/2 cup Carbonell Classic Olive Oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 3 gloves of garlic smashed
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 stalk of rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- At least four hours before you're ready to start cooking, season the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper and cayenne. Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- When you're ready to begin cooking, preheat your oven to 275 degrees and heat the 1/2 cup of Carbonell Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. When the oil is nice and hot, add your chicken thighs and cook until browned - about five minutes.
- Be careful when turning the chicken thighs because the olive oil might sputter a bit!
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside. Add the onion and celery to the olive oil in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until they are softened. Add the garlic cloves and cook for an additional two minutes, then add the chopped rosemary and stir it all together. Place the chicken on top of the veggies, pour the wine over it all and place the baby carrots on the sides of the pan.
Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and place in your preheated oven for 45 minutes.
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.