Nuts are yummy with a distinctive toasty plus somewhat buttery taste complimented by a crunchy aroma. Most importantly, these dry fruits are good for your health as they provide three essential nutrients namely; protein, dietary fiber, and fat. The good news is that there are many ways in which you can prepare your nuts, combining them with different other foods and ingredients. With that said, here are two incredible recipes you can start with:
1. Pine Nut and Goat Cheese-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Recipe
- Yields: 6 servings.
- Difficulty level: easy.
This delicacy is delectable, making for a perfect Friday or Saturday dinner. It brings together the irresistible tastes and flavors of a range of foods, which include; skinless chicken breasts, goat cheese, pine nuts, cream cheese, Italian panko blend, cauliflower florets, and roasted red pepper pesto. Plus, it’s calorie-appropriate and rich in sodium for good health.
Nutrition Value Per Serving
- Calories: 503 kcal.
- Protein: 49g.
iii. Fat: 26g.
- Carbohydrates: 17g.
- Sodium 1391 mg.
What You Will Need
- 1 large non-stick pan.
- 1 mixing bowl.
iii. 1 baking sheet.
- 1 medium non-stick pan.
- 1 small oven-safe casserole dish.
- Aluminum foil.
vii. A kitchen towel.
viii. A heating source plus an oven.
- 40 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 3 oz. oz. goat cheese.
iii. 3/4.oz pine nuts.
- 6 oz. light cream cheese.
- 6 tbsp. roasted red pepper pesto.
- 40 oz. cauliflower florets.
vii. 1-1/2 tbsp. grated Parmesan.
viii. 6 tbsp. Italian panko blend.
Other necessary ingredients but not included in the meal kit
- Olive oil.
- Cooking spray.
Step 1: Wash and rinse all your fresh produce.
Step 2: Line the baking sheet with foil.
Step 3: Lubricate the casserole dish with cooking spray.
Step 4: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 5: Prepare the ingredients;
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Then combine goat cheese and pine nuts in the mixing bowl before setting the mixture aside.
iii. Next, pat the chicken dry with the kitchen towel, seasoning both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 6: Cook cauliflower and make a sauce;
- Add 2 tsp. olive oil to the large non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add cauliflower florets and stir frequently for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
iii. After transferring the lightly browned florets to the casserole dish you had earlier prepared, return the pan to heat.
- Now, add ½ cup water, followed by cream cheese, red pepper pesto, half the Parmesan, plus salt and pepper to taste, bringing the mixture to a simmer.
- Next, stir the simmering mixture often for 2 minutes or until properly combined and slightly thickened, before removing it from the heat.
Step 7: Bake the gratin;
- Place the casserole dish on the baking sheet you prepared earlier on.
- Pour the sauce you just prepared over cauliflower, topping it evenly with panko and the remaining Parmesan.
iii. Bake this in the oven for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and sauce is bubbling. Meanwhile, cook the chicken.
Step 8: Cook the chicken;
- Add 1 tsp. olive oil in the medium non-stick pan and heat the oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add chicken and let cook undisturbed for 3 minutes or until browned.
Remove the pan from heat and flip the cooked chicken, topping it with the pine nut-goat cheese mixture.
- Now, insert the pan in the oven and roast the chicken for 12 minutes or until it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the roasted chicken and turn off the oven.
Step 9: Serve the dish to individual plates and enjoy while still warm.
A Brief about Home Chef
The pine nut and goat cheese-crusted chicken with roasted red pepper cauliflower combination is one of Home Chef’s highly demanded meal kits. For starters, Home Chef is a trustworthy brand that delivers mouthwatering and easy-to-cook recipes plus the corresponding ingredients to their subscribers. This subscription service is in the league of the top ten meal kit subscription brands in 2021. Its biggest rivals are Hello Fresh and Sun Basket.
To learn more about HC, be sure to read this complete and unbiased review. Discover the menu, prices, how the service works, how the delivery system works, what to like and what not to like, and so much more about the company here.
2. Warm Spiced Cashews Recipe
Yields: 6 servings
Difficulty level: Easy
Warm spiced cashews are sweet, savory with a distinct toastiness, thanks to the ingredients involved. They can be a perfect snack or a cholesterol-free, taste-buds-pleasing appetizer that you serve your family before a delectable main course.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
- Calories: 152Kcal.
- Carbohydrates: 9g.
iii. Total Fat: 12.2g.
- Protein: 4g.
- Dietary Fiber:1g.
vii. Calcium 15mg.
viii. Iron: 2mg.
What You Will Need
- A source of heat plus oven.
- A parchment paper.
- A large rimmed baking sheet.
- A medium saucepan.
- 2 forks.
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashew nuts.
- 2 tsp. peanut oil.
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin.
- 1/2 tsp. five-spice powder.
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar.
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
- vii. 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper.
- 2 tsp. water.
- Salt to taste.
Step 1:Preheat the oven to 350°.
Step 2: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Cook the cashews:
- Add the peanut oil to the saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot enough.
- Add water, five-spice powder, brown sugar, cumin, red pepper, and black pepper to the pan and stir until all the ingredients dissolve and the mixture begins bubbling.
- Next, add the nuts to the pan, letting these cook until well coated or for 2 minutes, stirring often.
Step 4: Bake the cashews:
- On the prepared baking sheet, spread the cooked cashews evenly. Tip; use two forks to separate the nuts, leaving as much room as possible between these.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly with salt and bake these until fragrant or for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
There’s no denying the fact that nuts are yummy and healthy. Why not treat your taste buds regularly and boost your health by eating these dried fruits more frequently? The good news is that there are many delicious, easy-to-prepare, and healthy recipes for nuts you can try at home. For a start, how about you try warm spiced cashews or pine nuts and goat cheese-crusted chicken with roasted red pepper cauliflower recipes? Trust me, you’ll love each delicacy that each recipe will yield.