This Mango Cookie recipe with macadamia nuts is not only incredibly tasty but also incredibly simple to make. The natural sweetness of the mango combined with the nutty crunch of macadamia nuts creates a delightful flavor combination that will leave your taste buds craving more!
I might be a little bit biased, but I genuinely believe that this is hands down the best mango cookie recipe you will find anywhere. Give our easy to follow instructions for this delicious mango cookie recipe a try and prepare to be amazed by its irresistible deliciousness!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Make the best Mango Cookie at home!
I know that we all love the traditional chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies. But sometimes we just want to mix things up with our cookie recipes!
Mangoes are one of the most beloved tropical fruits in the world, known for their sweet and fragrant taste.
But have you ever tried incorporating mangoes into your baking? A nice sweet Mango cookie is a delicious and unique way to enjoy this fruit all year long, and you can make these mango crinkle cookies with fresh or dried mango.
We used dried mango in this mango cookie recipe, but you can also use fresh mango. Just make sure that you pat them dry! If you are going to make this mango cookie recipe and all you have access to is frozen mango chunks from the grocery store, that is okay too! Just be sure to thaw them out completely and pat away any excess moisture.
I recommend leaving your mango chunks sitting on a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture for at least an hour before you use them to bake. Any excess moisture will make these cookies too wet and they won't cook properly.
With their soft texture and fruity aroma, this delightful little mango cookie is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth! They are also a great way to impress guests at a family dinner or party.
We see recipe ideas all over TikTok and Instagram for mango jam, ice cream made with fresh mango puree! I have even seen recipes for mango oatmeal and mango oatmeal cookies on Pinterest. How is it that I never see a mango cookie anywhere on social media? These babies are delicious!
I recently experimented with using the mangoes from my backyard in a mango bread recipe and it was utterly delicious! I am still working on editing the photos that I took, so stay tuned for that recipe. I hope to have it ready by the end of the month.
This recipe for Mango Cookie was inspired by my Mango Pineapple Smoothie recipe that we shared a while back.
PS - that Mango Pineapple smoothie is vegan! A lot of people love mango, right? We try to make a little of our recipes friendly for vegetarians or vegans, as well as gluten free folks.
Are you looking for more recipes like our Mango Cookie?
If you are looking for other recipes like this easy Mango Cookie, you should give these a try!
Here are all of the ingredients that you will need to make our recipe for Mango Cookie
Firstly, about an hour before you are going to start making this recipe for our dried mango cookie, soften your butter. You can do this by placing your butter on the kitchen counter.
We want the butter to be nice and soft when we start baking our cookies!
- dried mangoes - I just love snacking on dried fruit and dried mango is no exception! The best mango cookie recipes is made with high quality fruit. So make sure that you buy a good one!
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- dark brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- macadamia nuts, make sure that these are coarsely chopped, as you don't want a big chunk of macadamia nut overpowering the sweet, delicate taste of your mango cookie!
Please see the printable recipe card at the end of this post for the exact quantities of each ingredient and of course, the cooking time.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for How to make our Hawaiian Mango Cookie
Before you begin preparing your mango cookie dough, make sure that you preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside for when your mango cookie dough is ready!
Chop your mangoes into small, bite sized pieces. We are talking maybe ½ to ⅔ of an inch big. If the pieces of dried mango are too big, your mango cookie will just have a big chunk of dried mango in it because it won't soften up while baking.
Add your water and all of your diced dried mangoes to a medium to large saucepan. Heat your saucepan over medium heat and let it set for about 6 minutes. You are going to need to stir it frequently until the dried mangoes are soft. Make sure that they are softened up before removing them from the heat.
Now, we are basically rehydrating the mangoes during this step! After they are softened, remove the saucepan from the stove and let it stand to cool.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, the teaspoon baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix them together well. Set the dry ingredients aside.
Next, in a separate mixing bowl, add your butter and sugars.
Beat together softened butter and granulated sugar and the dark brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. This should take about 6 minutes.
Once they are combined, add in your eggs and the pure vanilla extract and beat them together well until they are completely combined.
Now you are going to add in dry ingredients flour mixture and beat it all together until they are just combined. Be extra careful not to overbeat your cookie dough.
Now you are going to gently fold in the mangoes and your chopped macadamia nuts.
Using a 2 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop your cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Make sure that they are spaced our about 2 inches apart, as they will spread during the cooking process.
Now we are going to bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the centers are set and the cookies are browned. Let your mango cookies stand for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Top tip for making our Mango Cookie
Make sure that you chop the mango pieces and the macadamia nuts into small pieces, but do not allow any crumbs into the cookie dough.
Equipment you will need to make our Mango Cookie Recipe
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon!
Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Measuring Cup Set - This versatile measuring cup set includes ¼ cup, ⅓ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup sizes. It can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The clearly marked measurements help you quickly find sizes. BPA-free plastic construction holds up to everyday use ad the cups nest together and attach to a ring for easy access in drawers and cabinets.
How to Store our Mango Cookie
You can store your mango cookie in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also make these cookies ahead of time and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you want to make these mango cookie recipe ahead of time, you can freeze them for up to a month.
Share this recipe for Mango Cookie with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Mango Cookie recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope that you will share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Are you looking for other awesome dessert ideas?
These are my favorite desserts that you might want to try after this Mango Cookie recipe:
To print the recipe for our Mango Cookies, simply click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
- Add water and mangoes to a saucepan. Heating over medium heat for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently until mangoes are soft. Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars until fluffy, about 6 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well until combined. Add in dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Fold in mangoes and nuts.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop cookies onto a baking sheet, keeping them 2" apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until centers are set and cookies are browned. Let stand for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
In conclusion, our recipe for mango cookie with macadamia nuts are a unique and delicious treat that combines the tropical sweetness of mangoes with the rich crunchiness of macadamia nuts. These delicious cookies provide a perfect combination of flavors and textures that will delight your taste buds!
Whether you are looking for a snack to enjoy on the go or something to satisfy your sweet tooth, these cookies will be sure to hit the spot. So why not try making them yourself?
With a little bit of effort in the kitchen, you can create this mouth watering delicacy that everyone will be sure to love! Be sure to let us know if you try it and think this is one of the best mango cookies recipes too! I have a feeling that you are going to absolutely love them!