I really love brownies. I quit eating sugar about 10 years ago, but um...BROWNIES? Hello! I can't resist...and this recipe for Dairy Free Brownies is no exception to that rule!
I just LOVE small batch brownies, especially when they have a rich chocolate flavor due to using natural cocoa powder! If you are looking for dairy and gluten free brownies, this is the BEST Dairy Free Brownies recipe you will find!
Talk about chocolate overload, I mean, what's not to love about them? Move over, Chocolate Chip Cookies!! This Dairy Free Brownie recipe is so delicious, and is one of my favorite dairy free desserts!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why You will Love our Dairy Free Brownies
- These dairy free chocolate brownies are rich and fudgy.
- Our recipe for for dairy-free brownies is actually not just lactose free brownies, but Dairy AND Gluten Free brownies!
- You can make brownies without milk and don't even need to make almond milk brownies! We're using coconut oil and cornstarch in place of the dairy!
- Everyone always loves these delicious non dairy brownies!
These are Dairy AND Gluten Free Brownies!
In this dairy and gluten free brownies with cocoa powder recipe, we will NOT be using all purpose flour - not even gluten-free flour!
You will also be using coconut oil as our fat, which is a much healthier version than regular vegetable oil or butter that most small batch brownie recipes call for.
And it tastes better than regular cooking oil as well. This easy dairy free recipe is so unique in so many ways and one of the best no milk brownie recipes out there!
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Check out some of our other tasty Dessert Recipes like this Dairy Free Brownies Recipe!
Do you love easy-to-make dessert recipes like this Dairy and Gluten Free Brownies recipe? While we don't have many dairy free recipes yet, we are slowly working on that!
You should take a look at our Cornstarch Cookies if you're looking for dairy free desserts and vegan dessert recipes!
Check out some of our most recent Dessert recipes in our FOOD INDEX!
Ingredients you will need to make our Dairy Free Brownies
These quick and easy dairy free brownies only take a few simple ingredients, and you can find them all at your local grocery store.
All the ingredients you need are right here, but be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact amounts.
- Coconut oil - you COULD use olive oil, but I do not recommend it based on the flavor profile we're after
- Dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
- Instant ground coffee
- Granulated sugar - make sure this is regular white granulated sugar, not brown sugar.
- Eggs - room temperature
- Pure Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
NOTE: If you are vegan, you can use a plant based egg substitute in place of the eggs, like Judee's Vegan Egg Replacer Powder.
You can also use mashed banana, pumpkin puree or avocado in the place of eggs. Replace each egg with ¼ cup of whichever option you've chosen if you use this method. Just keep in mind that these dairy and gluten free brownies will have a mild taste from whatever you choose.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for how to make Dairy Free Brownies
This may be a dairy free brownie recipe, but the process remains the same. That means this is an easy recipe! It only takes a few minutes and a little baking.
The recipe highlights are right here, but you'll find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt the chocolate, coffee, and coconut oil in a pan and cool.
Add your beaten eggs and pure vanilla extract to the batter. Then add the cornstarch.
Bake 25-30 minute, or until the center is just set.
Allow to cool down for about 20 minutes and then enjoy!
Variations and Substitutions for These Dairy and Gluten Free Brownies
- Sprinkle dairy free chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking.
- Try mixing in a bit of sweetened coconut.
- Chopped nuts are always a great addition to brownies and our brownies are no exception!
- If you don't have instant coffee, you can add a splash of strong brewed coffee.
They're available at all major stores including grocery stores and big box stores like Walmart and Target. Of course, you can also find them online at Amazon.com.
They absolutely do! These brownies are super rich and fudgy and taste just like traditional brownies.
As brownies cool, they continue to set up. Slicing into them too early will make squares that are messy and fall apart.
Share this Recipe for Dairy Free Brownies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Dairy Free Brownies Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make our Dairy Free Brownies recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
More Blondies, Brownies, and Bars Recipes Like our Dairy and Gluten Free Brownies
If you liked this gluten free dairy free desserts recipe, then you will love our other Blondies, Brownies and Bars!
Blondies Brownies Bars
To print the recipe for our Dairy Free Brownies, simply click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Dairy Free Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, allowing some paper to hang over the sides.
- Then, spray with non-stick cooking spray. (it won't lay down completely until you pour in the batter)
- In a small sauce pan, heat the coconut oil, cocoa, chocolate and coffee over low heat. Stir it until melted and smooth. Then set aside and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes, or until smooth and light in color. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix until smooth. Add the cornstarch and mix again until completely smooth and thickened.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and spread it as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is just set. Do not over bake. Cool for at least an hour before cutting into squares. Makes approximately 12 brownies.