This Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole Recipe is an easy casserole dish made with a creamy sauce and a little kick of veggies!
This comfort food is an easy dinner recipe made in a cast iron skillet that is perfect for a busy weeknight!
Our one pot meal is packed full of fresh brussels sprouts, chicken breasts, and a creamy cheese sauce, it is sure to please the whole family!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Why You Will Love Our Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole
This delicious casserole is a great recipe made with simple ingredients and can be customized to suit your needs! This Brussel sprout casserole is packed full of veggies, carbs in the form of white rice and healthy protein.
You are going to be amazed by the great flavor this Brussel sprouts casserole delivers in a simple to make baking dish! You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs, or even make this easier by using a rotisserie chicken. If you have leftover chicken from another recipe, you can use that too!
Our Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole is a great family meal
The white rice, the chicken breasts, the fresh brussels sprouts and ohhh all the goodness of the creamy cheese sauce!
Since this Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole Recipe serves 6 people, it is perfect for families with a few kids! If you have a smaller family, this family favorite casserole will allow for leftovers for the next day!
You can stretch any of our favorite chicken recipes by serving them with a side salad and or dinner rolls. This would allow more than enough leftovers and perhaps another full meal the next day.
Check out some of our other Easy Dinner Recipes!
If you loved this Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Casserole, check out these other chicken recipes I’ve shared on The Rebel Chick over the years! I love easy dinner recipe like this One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe!
Easy Dinner Recipes
This is How to Make Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole
The best way to make our delicious casserole is in a cast iron skillet or an oven safe large skillet because this is a one pot meal! We love any dinner recipe that only uses one dish, like this One Pot Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Recipe!
Alternately you can pour the chicken and brussels sprouts mixture into a dutch oven or a casserole dish if you do not have an ovenproof skillet.
Here are the Ingredients needed to make chicken and brussel sprouts casserole
- Fresh Brussel sprouts, cut into bite-sized pieces - you want tender brussels sprouts, so they must be fresh. No frozen veggies should be used in this recipe!
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped red pepper
- Green onions
- a bit of olive oil
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cooked white rice
- Chicken (cooked) cut into small pieces
- Thyme - fresh thyme or dried is fine
- Kosher Salt and black pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Chicken Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You are going Place Brussels sprouts, the chopped carrots, chopped red pepper, green onion in a single layer and the bit of olive oil in a cast iron skillet or an oven proof skillet.
Heat your hot skillet over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Or just until the chicken and brussel sprouts mixture begins to brown.
Remove your hot skillet from the stove top and use a slotted spoon to stir in the cooked chicken, the cream of chicken soup, the cooked white rice, the milk, the garlic powder, the onion powder and the fresh thyme and the kosher salt.
Mix your casserole together well and then sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover your baking dish with aluminum foil.
Bake your Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and then return the baking dish to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Or until baked chicken mixture is bubbly and the mozzarella and parmesan cheese just begins to brown.
Allow the casserole dish to stand for about 10 minutes before you serve your new family favorite dinner recipe!
Hint: Sprinkle some fresh parsley over the top of your casserole for a finishing touch and pop of color!
This Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole Recipe serves 6 people.
Substitutions and Variations for our Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole
We have all experimented with our basic chicken recipes and found ways to make them work better for us!
- Crispy Bacon - On a rimmed baking sheet, cook ½ pound of bacon and crumble it, adding the cooked bacon to the casserole dish just before it goes into the oven. Do not include the bacon grease.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - You can easily substitute cream of mushroom soup for the cream of onion soup.
- Use it as a topping or stuffing - If you like the idea of these ingredients together but don't see it as a main dish, you can use it to create a stuffed or topped chicken breast dinner. Omit the cooked chicken from this casserole dish. Then cook your chicken breasts or chicken thighs separately, and spoon this casserole over it as a topping. Or you can split the chicken breasts and stuff it with the cream cheese mixture!
If you do not have a cast iron pan or an oven proof skillet yet, you can find them easily on Amazon.com. You can click here for an 8 inch pre-seasoned cast iron skillet.
How to Store Leftovers of this Chicken Brussel Sprouts Casserole
Store any leftover Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
These ingredients do not stand up well to freezing.
Share this Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Casserole with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Chicken and Brussel Sprouts recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Chicken Brussel Sprouts Casserole Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Chicken Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe
- ½ lb fresh brussels sprouts cut in half
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1-½ cups cubed chicken cooked
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- First, preheat your oven to 350.
- Next, place the brussels sprouts, carrots, red pepper, onion and oil in an oven proof skillet. Heat over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until mixture just begins to brown. Remove from heat and stir in the soup, milk, rice, thyme and salt. Mix very well. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil.
- Finally, you will bake it for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and cheese just begins to brown. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
- Alternately you can pour the mixture into a casserole dish if you do not have an ovenproof skillet.