This 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe just could not be any easier to make! If you are short on baking supplies and want to make an easy peanut butter cookie, we have you covered!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for more information.
Why you are going to love our 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Have you every tried to figure out how to make peanut butter cookies without flour? This easy peanut butter cookies with brown sugar is a flourless peanut butter cookie just bursting with the flavor of creamy peanut butter!
While this classic peanut butter cookie recipe relies on the flavors of brown sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chips for a sweet treat that you won't be able to resist! And as an added bonus, our four ingredient peanut butter cookies are actually gluten free too!
This was easy peanut butter cookies recipe inspired by my other Peanut Butter Cookie Bars recipe on this site.
Check out some of our other Cookie Recipes like our 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Are you looking for other recipes like this easy 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies? Try some of these awesome cookie recipes that we have shared over the years:
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important information for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the recipe card, just scroll right on down to the bottom, where I have a printable recipe card just for you!
I know that a lot of people are old fashioned - like me! - and like to have a printed out recipe card.
Are recipe books still a thing in your household? Check out these cool recipe books (blank so that you can fill them up with your own recipes!) on Amazon!
Easy Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is time to bring out the super simple baking recipes. Who wants to spend hours in the kitchen slaving over a Turkey? Then go right back into the kitchen and spend hours making holiday treats? These simple peanut butter cookies are the perfect answer! Whip up something quick so that you can spend more time with all of your family and friends!
I had some Halloween chips leftover from when I made this Halloween Muddy Buddies Chex Mix last month. So I figured I'd throw them in there for a little extra flair. Also to make use of them before they mysteriously disappeared down my throat. But you can use any version of chocolate chips to make our 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies!
Our 4 ingredients peanut butter cookies are gluten free too! So you can serve these to those family members who suffer from food intolerances. Are there folks in your family that suffer from a peanut allergy? No worries - we will share alternatives for peanut butter later in this post!
Here are the ingredients that you will need to begin gathering to make our 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
What we love so much about peanut butter recipes is that they are so easy to make! This easy peanut butter cookie recipe is perfect for peanut butter lovers who get that craving and can't make regular chocolate chip cookies or peanut butter cookies because they do not have vanilla extract or flour on hand.
- egg - take the egg out ahead of time so that it has a chance to come to room temperature
- peanut butter - you can use crunchy peanut butter in this recipe, but I do not recommend it, as creamy peanut butter blends more evenly with the egg and sugar.
- light brown sugar - Light brown sugar is used to provide a subtle sweetness to baked goods and often used in cookies to help make them soft and moist.
- chocolate chips - You can use semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips, whatever you prefer! Sometimes we like to even use dark chocolate chips!
Please note that the exact quantity for each of our easy peanut butter cookies 4 ingredients are listed in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Hint: You might be inclined to use natural peanut butter in this recipe, but I strongly advise against it. Natural peanut butter is too oily for these cookies. Remember that this is a gluten free peanut butter cookies 4 ingredients without ANY flour, so there will be nothing to soak up that excess oil! Just pick your favorite peanut butter flavor, whether it be Jiffy, Skip, or Peter Pan or a store brand.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Equipment you will need to make our 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon!
Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Measuring Cup Set - This versatile measuring cup set includes ¼ cup, ⅓ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup sizes. It can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. The clearly marked measurements help you quickly find sizes. BPA-free plastic construction holds up to everyday use ad the cups nest together and attach to a ring for easy access in drawers and cabinets.
Instructions for how to make 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farnehiet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
First you are going to combine peanut butter with the other wet ingredients to form the base of your cookie dough.
You are going to do so by beating together your smooth peanut butter, egg and light brown sugar in a large bowl until it is all thoroughly combined. Your cookie dough will resemble a very crumbly cookie batter.
Now you are going to add in chocolate chips and beat the cookie dough on the lowest speed or stir them in by hand. I usually just mix them in by hand so that they don't break apart.
Now scoop the cookie dough by tablespoons, rolling into about 1 ½ inch cookie dough balls in the palm on your hand.
Place them about three inches apart on your prepared baking sheet and press down on them lightly with the palm of your hand. Make a criss cross pattern by lightly pressing a fork on the top of the cookie, then pressing it again from the other side.
Bake your peanut butter cookies four ingredients at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove the lined baking sheet and allow them to cool for 2 minutes, and them remove them to wire rack so that they are allowed to cool completely. This should take about 10 minutes.
How to Store our 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Store your cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
FAQ about our peanut butter cookies easy
This cookie dough will be crumbly because there is no butter or flour in it!
Share this recipe for 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Check out some of our other delicious dessert recipes!
These are my favorite desserts that you might want to try next:
To print this recipe, simply click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- peanut butter
- light brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farnehiet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- First you are going to combine peanut butter with the other wet ingredients to form the base of your cookie dough.
- You are going to do so by beating together your smooth peanut butter, egg and light brown sugar in a large bowl until it is all thoroughly combined. Your cookie dough will resemble a very crumbly cookie batter.
- Now you are going to add in chocolate chips and beat the cookie dough on the lowest speed or stir them in by hand. I usually just mix them in by hand so that they don't break apart.
- Now scoop the cookie dough by tablespoons, rolling into about 1 ½ inch cookie dough balls in the palm on your hand.
- Place them about three inches apart on your prepared baking sheet and press down on them lightly with the palm of your hand. Make a criss cross pattern by lightly pressing a fork on the top of the cookie, then pressing it again from the other side.
- Bake your peanut butter cookies four ingredients at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove the lined baking sheet and allow them to cool for 2 minutes, and them remove them to wire rack so that they are allowed to cool completely. This should take about 10 minutes.