It’s the most wonderful time of the year…with lots and lots of Christmas cookies! Heck, even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, ’tis the season to stuff your face with party food and sweets, right? I love baking Christmas cookies and thought I’d try to come up with a new Christmas Cookies Bars recipe to share with you all!
I started with this Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip pan cookie recipe and added seasonal M&M’s Christmas Baking Bits and some of those extra cute Nestle Toll House Holiday Morsels . I substituted Crisco for the butter that the original recipe called for and the result was a sweet, chocolaty, moist cookie bar that is sure to be a hit at your holiday party this year!
This is a pretty simple recipe, and I think it will be perfect for making cookie bars throughout the year.
Just change the chocolate chips for regular ones and you can buy any kind of M&M’s – or omit them altogether and just add extra chocolate chips!
Christmas Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Crisco (or you can use butter)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's baking bits (they're basically mini M&M's)
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, then cut a piece of parchment paper to fit inside the dish so that the bottom is completely covered. Spray that with cooking spray too.
- Combine the Crisco, vanilla, eggs and sugars and beat until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and beat for one minute, or until a thick dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Pour into your baking dish and cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
I hope you like these cookie bars as much as I did!
This post contains affiliate links.