These Gluten free no bake cookies are the perfect way to add a sweet treat to any meal this summer! I love that you can make them without adding extra time from cooking and extra heat from your oven or stove top.
They are especially great for those who suffer from gluten intolerance and need their cookies gluten free!
Why you are going to love these healthy gluten-free no bake cookies
Our gluten free cookies use the sweet flavor of Nestle cocoa that we all know and love to make desserts that are to die for! These are actually naturally gluten free cookies, given as the following ingredients are naturally gluten free!
Gluten free quick oats - did you know that oatmeal is naturally gluten free? I have been eating gluten free oats without knowing it!
Creamy peanut butter - peanut butter is naturally gluten free. As long as you don't buy a specialty variety that contains gluten.
Gluten free chocolate - almost all chocolate is gluten free, so no worries there! Today we are using Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips. These Nestle Toll House chocolate baking chips are gluten free and contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels are made with 100% real chocolate. So they are safe for gluten free no bake recipes.
Are you sensing a trend yet? You might be wondering if we are going to be NOT cooking peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip cookies! That's right, our no bake gluten free cookies recipe today is a combination of peanut butter chocolate and oatmeal!
Related No Bake Dessert Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this no bake cookies gluten free? You will be delighted to try a few of these:
Why gluten free no bake desserts like our gluten free no bake cookies are perfect for everyone
I do not know about you, but I love a sweet dessert and this no bake cookies recipe will hit the spot! Is there anything more satisfying than the chocolate peanut butter flavor profile? Skip the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and enjoy this gluten free chocolate no bake cookies that everyone in the house can enjoy!
There's nothing better after a nice grilled burger, a dinner at the table, or even just a midnight snack than delicious, chocolaty goodness. That is why I always keep Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chipsand unsweetened cocoa powder on hand.
I can bake with cocoa powder in regular recipes, or I can whip up no bake recipes like this easy gluten free no bake cookies. Heck, I can even just throw a half teaspoon full into a bowl of Cool Whip, mix it up, and enjoy a super light and airy dessert without a ton of carbs or calories!
Are no bake cookies gluten free?
Gluten is a protein found in certain grains, such as wheat, barley, rye, and a cross between wheat and rye called triticale. To follow a gluten-free diet, you must avoid wheat and some other grains while choosing substitutes that provide nutrients for a healthy diet.
A gluten-free diet is essential for managing signs and symptoms of celiac disease and other medical conditions associated with gluten.
A gluten-free diet is also popular among people who haven't been diagnosed with a gluten-related medical condition. The claimed benefits of the diet are improved health, weight loss and increased energy, but more research is needed.
What happens when a gluten intolerant person eats gluten?
If you have celiac disease, eating gluten triggers an immune response in your small intestine. Over time, this reaction damages your small intestine's lining and prevents it from absorbing some nutrients (malabsorption).
Getting Creative with a no bake cookie recipe is Fun
The thing I love the most about any Nestle Toll House recipes is that all of the morsels are interchangeable. Nestle Toll House chocolate baking chips are also gluten free and contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
Whether I am baking a batch of cookies - or more likely, since I live in Florida - making some sort of no bake dessert, I can be creative with the chips. Maybe I am feeling like dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Maybe I would like to add a touch of peanut butter to the mix. With Nestle Toll House morsels, I have a ton of amazing recipe options!
Nestle Toll House Morsel Varieties suitable for gluten free cookie recipes
Nestle Toll House chocolate baking chips are gluten free and contain no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. These Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels are made with 100% real chocolate for a delicious treat your entire family will love!
I can make any of my favorite Nestle Toll House recipes with several different kinds of morsels, which gives me the freedom to mix it up anytime I want. AND they have no added preservatives, flavors, or colors! Here's a run down of all of their delicious varieties.
- Dark Chocolate: These morsels are 53% cacao for rich, deep chocolate flavor suitable for everything from brownies to fudge to cookies.
- Semi-Sweet: Great in cookies, candy, muffins, and more. I like to eat them right from the bag.
- Semi-Sweet Mini Morsels: These are the smaller version of the traditional semi-sweet morsels. They make a fun change-up in cookies, muffins, and pancakes.
- Milk Chocolate: Another of my "eat out of the bag" faves. These are great with things like chocolate covered pretzels.
- White Morsels: Creamy, vanilla-flavored, morsels great for cookies or candy. I like to do cookies with a combo of white and milk chocolate morsels.
- Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate: A peanut butter and chocolate mix that's great in all kinds of recipes. I especially like to put them into no bake peanut butter or chocolate pie. Yum!
Let's get started making our gluten free no bake cookies
Here are all of the ingredients that you will need to make our recipe for gluten free no bake cookies
- White granulated sugar - While you can certainly omit the sugar in these gluten free no bake peanut butter cookies, I do not recommend it. The sugar gives them just enough sweetness.
- Milk - You can safely use milk in no bake gluten free desserts because milk is naturally gluten free!
- Unsalted butter - As with the milk, butter is safe to use in easy gluten free desserts no bake recipes.
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - Our gluten free peanut butter no bake cookies taste amazing because there is such a rich, chocolaty flavor!
- Old-fashioned quick oats - Quick oats act as a binder in a cookie or cake batter, absorbing moisture and building structure.
- Creamy peanut butter - Peanut butter is the perfect addition to most baked goods. Its rich, fatty flavor and smooth consistency can add texture to everything helps to bind together other ingredients.
- Pure vanilla extract - The reason why vanilla extract is used in baking is that it enhances the flavors of other ingredients in our recipe.
- Kosher salt - Salt is not just used to enhance flavor in our recipes. Salt also lends more tenderness to most baked goods because the molecules form a bond with the proteins, which makes dough tighter and more elastic.
OPTIONAL: Unsweetened cocoa powder - These gf no bake cookies can use a bit more chocolate flavor to make them rich and delicious!
Please keep in mind that all of the exact amounts of each ingredient needed for our gluten-free no bake cookies are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
If you are struggling to find some of these supplies, check out all of the item available to you with Amazon Prime Fresh! They have most household supplies and groceries fully in stock and you can get free delivery with your Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Instructions for how to make our gluten free no-bake cookies
These gluten free no bake cookies are super easy to make and do not require that you turn on the oven! However, you will need to melt the chocolate chips.
Now we are going to begin by lining a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
Now bring the sugar, milk, unsalted butter and cocoa if you are using it to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and chocolate chips and stir them thoroughly to ensure that the chocolate chips are completely melted and that all of the ingredients are completely combined.
Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop teaspoonfuls of the chocolate peanut butter mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. You can either allow it to sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, or place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Substitutions and Variations of our Gluten Free No Bake Cookies
This is such a versatile recipe because it is already gluten free! You can make all sorts of substitutions and variations to make it dairy free or vegan too!
Dairy Free No Bake Cookies
You can make this a gluten free dairy free no bake cookies recipe by:
- Replacing the milk with soy milk, almond milk or another plant based milk alternative.
- You can use a plant based butter alternative in the same way, or use coconut oil.
- You can use a dairy free chocolate chip brand and omit the cocoa powder completely.
Vegan - Once you remove the dairy element of this no bake recipe, it also becomes gluten free vegan!
Peanut Allergies - If you are allergic to peanuts, you can make these gluten free no bake cookies without peanut butter. Simply substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
How to Store our Gluten Free No Bake Cookies
Refrigerate your no bake gluten free oatmeal cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Share this recipe for our Gluten Free No Bake Cookies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Gluten Free No Bake Cookies recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the gluten-free no bake chocolate chip cookies recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
Related Cookie Recipes
Are you looking for other cookie recipes like these gluten free no bake cookies? Try some of these tried and true favorites that we have shared:
To print the recipe card for our Gluten Free No Bake Cookies, simply click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Sometimes it is just easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy? So I love offering this option as well!
Gluten free no bake cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Begin by lining a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Bring the sugar, milk, unsalted butter and cocoa if you are using it to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and chocolate chips and stir them thoroughly to ensure that the chocolate chips are completely melted and that all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop teaspoonfuls of the chocolate peanut butter mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- You can either allow it to sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, or place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Stock up on must have baking equipment on Amazon.com!
If you do not have one of the pieces of kitchen equipment that this recipe requires, you can find inexpensive baking supplies on Amazon! Here are a few of my favorite options. Simply click the links to purchase them on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Cookie Pan - Set of 3 Nonstick Medium Cookie Pans will be your go-to set for endless uses. Measuring 15.2" x 10.2" x 0.7" allowing ample space for baking batches of holiday cookies, making sheet pan dinners or toasting appetizers.
- Parchment Paper - If You Care Parchment Paper comes as pack of one box, providing a total of 70 sq ft of unbleached baking paper.
- Cooling Rack for Baking - Measuring 16 x 10 inch, larger size perfect for cooking and cooling.
- Mixing Bowls with Pour Spout - Nesting mixing bowls include 3 different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs.
- Cookie Scoop Set - This 3 piece cookie scoop set are made of stainless steel. They won't corrode, and keep safe and durable.
- Electric Stand Mixer or Electric Hand Mixer - This stand mixer has 3 versatile attachments let you do everything from kneading pizza dough to mixing cookie dough and whipping cream. This 6 speed hand mixer includes a QuickBurst button, and you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any recipe.
Find Your Favorite Nestle Toll House Recipe and Win!
You can win a $10.00 gift card to companies like Paypal and Amazon just by perusing great no bake Nestle Toll House recipes. Just visit the Nestle Toll House Pinterest page, or the Nestle Toll House Instagram page to experience all of the great no bake recipes they have.
After that, all you have to do is repin a recipe on their Pinterest page or repost a recipe from their Instagram page to your Instagram page, using the tag @NestleTollHouse and the hashtags #NestleTollHouse, #NoBake, and #sweepstakes. Just remember to include #repost and tag back to the owner of the image if you're reposting on Instagram.
There are so many no bake Nestle Toll House recipes to find, you'll be sure to find one you love. So hit up Nestle's Pinterest and Instagram pages and find a recipe that's perfect for you!