If you have never made a blondie for Valentine's Day before, then you are in luck today, because not only is this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe delicious, but it is just so easy to make!
Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe
Everyone loves brownies, but have you ever tried doctoring up a simple blondie recipe for this sweethearts holiday? I love a good Valentine Blondies Recipe because they are SO easy to make, and almost everyone loves them!
I mean, really - what's not to love? Blondies and Bars are just like a cookie, but they are bigger than a regular cookie, which means that there is even more room for lots of goodies!
This Valentine's Dat Blondie recipe is basically just like a brownie, but it has all of the flavors of a super stuffed cookie. So it is just one big, fat cookie stuffed with even more delicious goodies! Plus with these add-ins, how can they not be amazing!?
Check out these other Bars and Cookie Recipes You'll Love!
These are some of my favorite Blondies and Bars Recipes to serve for various holidays that are like this Valentine Blondie Bars Recipe. You can also type in "Blondies" or "Bars" into the search box at the top of this page for a complete list of our Blondies and Bars recipes:
What ingredients do I need to make the Perfect Blondies for Valentine's Day?
- unsalted butter - while you can definitely use vegetable shortening (like Crisco) in this recipe, I prefer to use butter because it lends to a softer middle. Please note that you do not need melted butter for this recipe, room temperature is fine!
- granulated white sugar - granulated sugar lends sweetness and helps the edges get a little crispy
- light brown sugar - it is okay to substitute dark brown sugar in this recipe
- eggs at room temperature - I recommend taking the eggs out first when you are gathering your ingredients to give them a chance to come down to room temp
- pure vanilla extract - remember to use pure vanilla extract and NOT vanilla flavor
- all purpose flour - cake flour shouldn't be used in this recipe because the blondies will be too soft
- ¾ cup baking powder (this recipe uses baking powder instead of baking soda)
- iodized salt
- M&M candies, Valentine's day edition - if you are making this Blondies recipe at another time of year, or simply can't find the Valentine's Edition in stock, you can easily replace these with regular M&Ms.
- mini semi sweet chocolate chips - you can switch these for dark chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips!
- Oreo cookies - you can use store brand or another similar chocolate cookie
The Best Equipment for making this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe
The equipment you use can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. I recommend using this Wilton brand 9x9 baking dish that comes with plastic lids! It is not only perfect for baking up your Valentine's Day Blondies, but for storing any leftovers so that they don't go stale. You can find a great 9x9 baking pan set on Amazon for a super low price here.
How to make the best Valentine's Blondies
Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together butter, white and brown sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt and add to your mixing bowl. Beat just until just combined.
Fold into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
Next you are going to add ½ cup candies, mini semi sweet chocolate chips and 8 crushed Oreo cookies.
Remove from oven and crush additional 2 cookies and sprinkle on top and gently press into dough.
Hint: While the blondies are still hot, sprinkle with the remaining candies and gently press them into the top layer. Allow the blondies to cool down completely before cutting.
Substitutions for this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe
This best blondie recipe for Valentine's Day is so easy to change up to suit your individual taste buds.
- White Chocolate Brownies - instead of semi sweet chocolate chips, substitute white chocolate chips
- Dark Chocolate - substitute dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Extra M&Ms or Cookies - Ran out of chocolate chips? You can easily substitute extra crushed Oreos or M&Ms
Whether you like more cookies, more chocolate chips, or more M&Ms, as long as you keep the ratios the same, they will still cook according to our instructions and come out amazing!
Variations for these Valentine's Day Brown Sugar Blondies
If you would like to replace any of the mix-ins in this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe, go ahead! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cocoa Powder - add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened Cocoa Powder to the batter to make this more of a brownie recipe.
- Peanut Butter - add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter if you love that taste!
- Deluxe - Add extra mini chocolate chips, cookies to the Blondie batter
- Trash Can Blondie Bars - add crushed potato chips and pretzel pieces
- Butterscotch Brownies - replace the chocolate chips with butterscotch morsels
Do you love cookies and bars with a mixture of sweet and salty components? Check out this Cupid's Trash Can Cookies Recipe on my website!
Top tip for making our Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe
If you are changing the types of mix-ins you are using in our Blondies Recipe, or adding extra chocolate chips, cookies or pretzel pieces, make sure to keep an eye on it while it is cooking. I suggest checking it 5 minutes before it should be ready to make sure that it is cooking all the way through, and at the recommended cooking time to make sure that it isn't gooey in the middle. Adding additional ingredients might make it take a few minutes longer to cook all the way through.
Check out some of our Easy Dinner Recipes to serve with these Valentine's Day Blondies
These are a few of my favorite easy dinner recipes to serve with this Valentines Day Blondies Recipe:
Share our Valentines Day Blondies Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love our Valentines Day Blondies Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this guide on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! If you have made this Blonde Brownies with M&Ms recipe, please let us know, because we really love getting feedback from our readers!
ARE YOU CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TRAVEL INSPIRATION?
To print this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that sometimes it is easier to go off a recipe when it is printed right in front of you. Who wants to swipe their screen on their phone or tablet when their hands are greasy?
Plus, you might want to print off this Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe to include in a physical recipe book, so I love offering this option as well!
Valentine's Day Blondies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, white and brown sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to mixing bowl. Beat just until combined. Add ½ cup candies, chocolate chips and 8 crushed cookies. Fold into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and crush additional 2 cookies and sprinkle on top. gently press into dough. Sprinkle with remaining candies and gently press into top. Cool completely before cutting.
Save this Valentines Blondie Bars Recipe to Your Favorite Pinterest Board
If you are active on Pinterest, I would LOVE if you took a moment to share one of these Pinterest graphics to your favorite Pinterest board for me!