If you're looking for a delicious, sweet dessert dip that's perfect for the winter months or the holidays, then this Hot Cocoa Dip is for you!
This rich, creamy dip is full of all the flavors we love about hot cocoa in a sweet, dippable form!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hot Cocoa Dip
This delicious dessert dip is made with a base of marshmallow fluff and Cool Whip, so it's super rich and creamy.
I add Hershey's cocoa to give it a deep chocolate flavor, and presto - I have a delicious dessert dip that tastes just like hot cocoa!
Why You'll Love This Hot Cocoa Dip
- It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make.
- It's an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- It's super rich and creamy.
- It tastes just like hot cocoa!
Are you looking for more easy dessert recipes?
Check out these delicious recipes that I have shared over the years that are just perfect for Christmas. My top Christmas cookie recipe is actually this Christmas Cookie Bars Recipe and it gets so many views every holiday season!
I’ve been making it for years and it’s actually my second favorite! My other favorite is this Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!
How to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
This delicious dip is made with just a few simple ingredients and is equally as simple to make. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, and you'll be all done.
This dip is the perfect addition to any party or potluck any time of year, but it really shines in the winter or at holiday gatherings.
All the ingredients you need to make this hot cocoa dip are listed right here, but you can find the exact amounts for each of them in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Cool Whip (Original)
- Hershey’s cocoa (unsweetened)
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers for serving
This recipe only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps to make. You'll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
The recipe highlights are below, but you can find the exact instructions in the recipe card at the end of the post. To be honest, this recipe is so simple, the highlights are almost exactly the same as the step-by-step instructions!
1: Beat all the ingredients in a bowl until light and fluffy.
2: Enjoy with graham crackers or your favorite sweet dippers!
Substitutions and Variations
- Use dark chocolate cocoa for deeper chocolate flavor.
- Use a half and half mixture of marshmallow fluff and cream cheese for a tangier dip.
- Add white hot cocoa mix in place of cocoa powder for white hot cocoa dip.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
How to Store Leftover Hot Cocoa Dip
Refrigerator: Store for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
Freezer: Store for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- An electric hand mixer is the easiest way to whip this dip until it's light and fluffy.
- Be sure you use unsweetened cocoa or the dip will be way too sweet.
- Original Cool Whip works best. I've tried other brands or the Lite Cool Whip, and it's just not the same.
What is hot cocoa dip?
This cocoa dip is a sweet dessert dip made with marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder. It tastes just like hot cocoa!
What can I serve with this cocoa dip?
Serve this dip with graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or your favorite sweet dippable items like cookies, wafers, and the like.
Is this cocoa dip difficult to make?
Not at all! It only takes one step to make. It doesn't get much easier.
Share this Hot Cocoa Dip with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Hot Cocoa Dip recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Hot Cocoa Dip recipe, click the printable recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Hot Cocoa Dip
- 1 7.5 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip (Original)
- ¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon Mini marshmallows
- In a medium bowl, add the Marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder.
- With a hand mixer, blend these ingredients together for about 5 minutes, or until the dip is light and fluffy.
- Serve with graham crackers.