One of my favorite things to eat during the holiday season are those little chocolate covered peppermint sticks that people like to stir into their coffee.
This Cake Mix Peppermint and Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe tastes similar to holiday coffee stirrers, but they are cookies!
They are made with a boxed cake mix, so they are really very easy to make
AND you don't have to worry about buying a bunch of baking supplies that you wouldn't normally use if you aren't an avid baker.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cake Mix Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This Peppermint Christmas Cookies Recipe is perfect for holiday cookie swaps, wrapping up in a nice Christmas tin and giving as a hostess gift, or simply serving at a holiday gathering.
Or you know, just making a batch with the kids during the winter break for an extra special dessert after dinner!
Where can I find the recipe card?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips and similar recipe ideas, hit the Jump to Recipe button for the printable recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Looking for other Christmas Dessert recipes like my Peppermint Christmas Cookies Recipe?
Check out these really fun Christmas recipes on The Rebel Chick, like our Christmas Pretzel Rolo Snacks Recipe. Take a look and see if there is anything that sounds tasty to you, especially our Oatmeal Gingerbread Cookies Recipe!
How to Make this Cake Mix Chocolate Chip and Peppermint Cookies Recipe
Ingredients needed to make this Cake Mix Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
- 1 box of white cake mix (any brand)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbs flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup peppermint baking bits (you can also crush up peppermints) + extra for pressing into the tops of cookies prior to baking
- ½ cup chocolate chips + extra for pressing into the tops of cookies prior to baking
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
Directions for making this Cake Mix Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the cake mix, egg whites, flour and oil, mixing well. Add in the peppermint baking bits and chocolate chips, mixing into the cookie dough.
Roll the cookie dough into ½" balls and place a few extra peppermint bits and chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Set about 2 inches apart on a non stick cookie sheet, or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up!
Place in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes, being careful NOT to over bake! Once you remove from the oven, place on cooling racks or just set aside for about 10 minutes.
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
Share this Cake Mix Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Peppermint Christmas Cookies Recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Peppermint Christmas Cookies Recipe, simply click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Peppermint and Chocolate Chip Santa Cookies Recipe
- 1 box of white cake mix any brand
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbs. flour
- ½ C. oil
- ½ C. peppermint baking bits you could also substitute crushed peppermints +extra to press on top of the cookies prior to baking
- ½ C. chocolate chips + extra to press on top of the cookies prior to baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, flour and oil, mixing well. Add in the peppermint baking bits and chocolate and mix into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-2" size balls and place 2-3" a part on your baking sheets.
- Gently press down on the cookie dough balls and place a few extra peppermint bits and chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- *Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies