We love making this Easy Holiday Popcorn Recipe for Christmas! It is such a quick festive treat for the holidays and a fun Christmas popcorn gift that everyone will LOVE!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This holiday popcorn is a sweet and salty snack that's perfect for holiday gatherings or sitting around the television while you watch Christmas specials.
This recipe is so easy to make, and it takes no time at all. When you're all finished, you'll have salty popcorn and pretzels combined with the perfect amount of sweet M&Ms, white candy drizzles, and of course, festive sprinkles. What could be better?
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It's an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- It has that classic sweet and salty combination of flavors.
- The red, white, and green color is perfect for the holiday season.
Looking for other Christmas recipes like my Festive Holiday Popcorn?
Check out these delicious recipes that I have shared over the years that are just perfect for Christmas. My top Christmas cookie recipe is actually this Christmas Cookie Bars Recipe and it gets so many views every holiday season!
I’ve been making it for years and it’s actually my second favorite! My other favorite is this Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!
How to Make Holiday Popcorn
Making this holiday popcorn couldn't be easier. You just need popped popcorn. It can be air-popped, stovetop-made, or even microwave popcorn.
All you do is mix it with your other ingredients, drizzle and sprinkle, and you're all done. It's a marvel of simplicity, folks!
Everything you need to make this delicious holiday popcorn is listed right here, but you'll need to check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact quantities.
- Popcorn (already popped)
- White candy wafers
- M&Ms (green and red)
- Red sprinkles
- Green sprinkles
This recipe is so simple that the simplified recipe listed here is almost identical to the exact recipe you'll find in the recipe card at the end of the post.
1: Layer the popcorn, pretzels, and M&Ms in a baking dish.
2: Top with white candy melt drizzle and green and red sprinkles.
3: Mix and enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- Try adding any of your favorite candies to this popcorn. Just cut them up to make them bite-sized!
- You can use white, red, or green candy melts OR drizzle a combination on the popcorn.
- Use different kinds of popcorn for different holiday popcorn mix flavors.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dish for mixing
- Microwaveable bowl
How to Store Leftover Holiday Popcorn
Store this popcorn mix in the freezer. That's right, the freezer. Popcorn won't get stale when frozen.
- Break up half your pretzels so you have a variety of textures in your mix.
- Melt your candy melts at 30-second intervals to prevent scorching.
- If you find that tossing the popcorn doesn't mix it well enough, just use a wooden spoon to give it a good stir.
What does holiday popcorn taste like?
This holiday popcorn recipe is a sweet and salty mix that's full of salty popcorn and pretzel flavors and sweet candy flavors.
How do you keep popcorn fresh?
A little-known secret to keeping popped popcorn fresh is storing it in the freezer. It never freezes, never gets freezer burn, and never gets stale! Just take it out and bring it to room temperature when you want to eat it.
How do you keep candy melts from burning while melting them?
Melt the candies at 30-second intervals in the microwave. This allows you to control how long they're heated and prevents scorching.
Share this Holiday Popcorn with your friends and family on social media!
If you love this Holiday Popcorn recipe as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this recipe on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
If you do make the recipe, I hope you’ll share that you tried it on Pinterest! I love it SO MUCH when readers share their feedback!
To print this Holiday Popcorn recipe, click the recipe card below!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
- 6 cups popcorn already popped
- ½ cup white candy wafers
- ¼ cup M&Ms green and red
- 1.5 oz pretzels
- ½ teaspoon red sprinkles
- ½ teaspoon green sprinkles
- On a baking tray, lay out the popped popcorn.
- Then break up half of the pretzels and spread both the broken and whole pieces of pretzel over the popcorn.
- Spread out the M&Ms over the popcorn.
- Melt the candy wafers in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds, until its melted and liquid.
- Spread the melted candy wafers over the popcorn mix.
- Then add the sprinkles to the popcorn mix and toss everything to make sure the ingredients stick to each other.