I have to be honest with you guys, I have never really been a breakfast person. I am more of a grab-a-coffee and sit down to work kinda gal. I don’t usually start getting hungry until around 11 am, and by that time, it’s too late to eat a traditional breakfast because it’s almost lunch time! I often find myself grabbing a yogurt or a banana at this strange in-between meals time, but sometimes…I like to spice it up a bit! This Blueberry Granola Parfait recipe is the perfect answer when I get hungry at that time of day and don’t want to totally ruin my appetite for lunch.
While I prefer fresh blueberries, you can also use frozen – just give them a little while to defrost before creating your Blueberry Granola Parfait. Have you ever purchased a parfait for breakfast at McDonald’s and realized as you bit into your first spoonful that the fruit was frozen? Yeah, that’s not a fun mouthful of breakfast…
Blueberry Granola Parfait Recipe
Blueberry Granola Parfait
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 C. greek yogurt if you prefer it sweetened, mix in a few tablespoons of honey
- 1 C. granola recipe to follow
- 4 C. rolled oats
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 C. almond pieces optional
- 1/4 C. honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients listed above and mix well to coat with the honey.
- Pour the granola mixture out onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Simply layer the greek yogurt, blueberries and granola in pretty mason jars or glass cups.
- You can alternate the ingredients as many times as you'd like.
These Blueberry Granola Parfaits are so easy and pretty!