Whether you’re a beginner baker or an experienced home cook with a sweet tooth, this Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe will have you baking delicious treats in no time. Our new family favorite cookies recipe requires only 3 ingredients and is made with your favorite store bought angel food cake mix!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why you are going to love our Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
If you like Angel Food Cupcakes, you are going to LOVE this Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe! I love cake mix recipes because there are so many varieties of cake mix flavor out there and it is so easy to turn them into an easy dessert!
These fluffy cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy and soft inside.
Related Easter Dessert Recipes
Looking for other Easter Dessert recipes like this Easy Family Favorite? Try these tried and true Easter desserts that we have shared over the years:
Ingredients You need to start gathering to make these Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
The ingredients for this Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe are simple and straightforward.
- Angel food cake mix - I prefer to use Betty Crocker, but you can use any brand.
- Egg (at room temperature)
Keep in mind that the exact quantities - as well as my ideas for variations - are included in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Get all of your cooking and baking supplies on Amazon.com!
Amazon Prime Fresh has TONS of household supplies and groceries at great prices and offers free delivery with an Amazon Prime membership! Sign up for Amazon Prime Fresh here!
How to Make Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
Once you have your simple ingredients prepped and ready, it’s time to get baking!
Prepare the dough by combining the angel food cake mix, water and egg in a bowl until blended together completely.
Next, use a cookie scoop to scoop teaspoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake your Angel Food Cake Cookies in the preheated oven 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Hint: Use a new piece of parchment paper for each set of cookies you put into the oven, as even though this is an easy recipe, we are not using non stick cooking spray, so the cookies do stick to the parchment paper.
Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack or plate. Enjoy your freshly made angel food cake mix cookies!
Why You Should Make Angel Food Cake Cookies
There are so many things that I love about this recipe, but what stands out most is how quickly it comes together. With just 3 simple ingredients, you can have a tasty treat in no time at all.
Plus, these cookies stay soft and chewy on the inside while remaining delightfully crunchy on the outside! They are perfect for dunking into a cold glass of milk or topping with a scoop of ice cream!
And did I mention how affordable these cookies are? You don’t need any expensive ingredients or fancy equipment; just an angel food cake mix from your local grocery store (or even Amazon!) and 20 minutes of baking time.
What more could you ask for?
Variations of Angel Food Cake Cookies
You can use this simple recipe as the base and create new recipes using this delicious cookie idea!
- Make it a Chocolate Cake Cookie - Use a Chocolate Cake Mix instead of a white cake mix. You can also add mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough as it is for a chocolate lover. For best results, use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips!
- Strawberry Cookies - Add fresh berries (fresh strawberries or freeze dried berries will) to the to the box of cake mix as the main ingredient and you will have a strawberry angel cookies recipe!
- Soda cake - Replace the water with Orange Soda for an orange soda cake batter and cook as instructed.
How to Level Up these angel food cake mix cookies with a few simple ingredients
- Change the flavor of cake mix - as we previously mentioned, you can substitute a chocolate angel food cake mix and turn this into a chocolate version of this fluffy cookie!
- Add white chocolate chips or shredded coconut for a surprise burst of flavor!
- Add ⅛ teaspoon of coconut extract, vanilla extract or almond extract to give this cookie your favorite flavor.
Store any leftover Angel Food Cake Cookies in an airtight container up to a week, or you can freeze them for up to a month. Just be sure to allow them to properly defrost so that they remain a fluffy cookie!
Save this Recipe!
This Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe is going to quickly become one of your favorite recipes because it is the easiest cookie recipe and can be customized to suit your tastes with minimal effort.
Make a Sandwich Cookie by mixing a dallop of Cool Whip and Cream Cheese together with a hand mixer in a small bowl. With the low speed of electric mixer, you should get soft peaks to form. If not, use the medium speed.
Scrape bowl and put the frosting into a zippered plastic bag and cut one corner off and use that to pipe the frosting onto a cookie. Place another cookie on top of it and you have a Angel Food Cake Whoopie Pie!
Share our Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies with your friends and family on social media!
If you love our Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies as much as we do, please leave me a 5-star review below and help me share this guide on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! If you have made this family favorite recipe, please let us know, as we love getting feedback from our readers!
What to make for dinner with these Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies
These are my favorite easy dinner recipes to serve with these Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies:
Easy Dinner Recipes
Print this Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe!
I know that many people still like to print out recipes and keep them in a recipe binder, or simply have the printed recipe sitting in front of them when it comes time to cook!
Angel Food Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box 16 oz, angel food cake mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together cake mix, water and egg in a mixing bowl until combined well. Using a 2 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheets, keeping cookies about 3" apart as they spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Use a new piece of parchment paper for each set of cookies you put into the oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the parchment paper. Use a spatula to gently remove the cookie from the paper. The cookie will stick to the paper, but you should be able to get it off.