Have you ever had zucchini muffins or zucchini bread and thought…”this would taste amazing with chocolate chips in it?” Well, I have too! So many times, in fact, that I came up with this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipe a few years back. It is TO DIE FOR. Seriously! Don’t worry, today’s recipe doesn’t have nearly as much chocolate as that heavenly bread – it’s a much healthier snacking option and is still totally delicious!
I pretty much love throwing chocolate chips into EVERYTHING. Everything is better with chocolate chips…but in this case, the chocolate chips actually taste better with a little zucchini!
And it’s healthy. ish.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ C. grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C. butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ C. sugar
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- 1½ C. oatmeal
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ C. flour
- 12 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the egg, vanilla, butter, brown sugar, and sugar mixing well.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, salt and flour.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto your baking sheet 2-3" a part.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies, depending on the size of your cookies.