How many holiday parties have you been to so far this winter? Holiday party season is in full swing, with office parties and family gatherings happening in full force! I love a good excuse to make a batch of cookies, and lucky me – my family LOVES cookies! This White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies recipe was my newest experiment, a combination of a few different shortbread cookies I’ve made over the years.
This White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies recipe calls for using Maraschino cherries that are drained – be sure to drain them and pat them down because any extra liquid will make them too moist. We all know that moistness does not bode well for shortbread!
White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, sugar and butter and mix until you have fine crumbs. Mix in almond extract.
- Stir in the chopped cherries and chocolate.
- Shape dough into teaspoon sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Press down on each ball with the flat bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for one minute before removing to a wire rack.
Now, of course you can’t JUST serve these cookies to your party guests! Variety is the spice of life, after all!
My bloggy friends and I have come up with these awesome recipes for your holiday gatherings!
Vanilla Mixed Nuts with Cranberries from BetsyLife
Peppermint Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
Rum Spiced Walnuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies from The Rebel Chick
Easy Peppermint Bark from Million Moments
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge from A Night Owl
Old Fashion Molasses Cookies from Bless This Mess
Peppermint S’mores from Mom Endeavors
Brown Sugar Caramels from Stephie Cooks
Gingerbread Cupcakes from See Vanessa Craft
Cranberry Orange Fudge from Around My Family Table
Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs from White Lights on Wednesday