This Snow Capped, Cherry Filled Holiday Oreo Cookie Balls Recipe originally appeared on a friend’s blog called Family, Food, Finds, but she closed down last year. Boo! It was a great blog full of delicious recipes and I miss it! Anywho, she didn’t want all of her recipes to go to waste, so she sold a few to friends so that we could share them on OUR blogs.
Snow Capped, Cherry Filled Holiday Oreo Cookie Balls Recipe
- 1 – 8 ounces brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 36 Maraschino cherries, drained
- 12 ounces milk chocolate baking chips, melted
- ½ sweetened coconut, shredded
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Roll one heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball. Flatten with your palm into a disc. Place the cherry in the center and wrap the cookie dough around it. Roll into a smooth ball and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat for a total of 36 cookie balls.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Dip each cookie ball in melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie ball with the coconut while the chocolate is still soft.
- Refrigerate for one hour, until ready to serve.
I love this Snow Capped, Cherry Filled Holiday Oreo Cookie Balls Recipe, it reminds me of those Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries that my grandfather loves so much!
Fans and foodies love to enjoy their OREO cookies in all sorts of ways and with a recipe that only calls for OREO cookies, cream cheese and chocolate, the possibilities for making your own, custom OREO cookie balls are endless.
Substitute white chocolate and roll them in coconut to create mini snowballs…
Add crushed candy canes for a minty flair…
Pretzel antlers anyone? Create your own squadron of reindeer…
Or, simply dress up your cookie balls with some festive décor… the choice is up to you!