I’m just calling it, IT IS FALL here in Miami! While it’s still as hot as the dickens and our palm trees aren’t experiencing any changing of color…Pumpkin spice coffees are being served in the coffee houses, so that must mean it’s fall, right?
I must admit, I didn’t grow up liking pumpkin very much. My family wasn’t really into cooking with pumpkin, so the only exposure I had was to store-bought pumpkin pies on Thanksgiving. The only way I found them tolerable was by piling on the whipped cream! As I began experimenting with different recipes as an adult, I found that I actually REALLY like pumpkin. I’ve used it in everything from pumpkin waffles to chocolate chip pumpkin blondie bars to pumpkin and lamb chili!
My latest favorite pumpkin recipe? Pumpkin Pie Yogurt!
This recipe is so decadent that you will want to eat it for dessert, but no worries, it is perfectly acceptable as a breakfast food!
It is yogurt, after all!
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Recipe
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- ¼ cup pureed Pumpkin
- 1-2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cinnamon, Granola, Whipped Topping (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. The amount of maple syrup used will depend on your tastes. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Top with whipped topping, granola, and a bit of cinnamon, or any other toppings.
Enjoy cool. This recipe makes enough for one serving.
Hungry for more Pumpkin goodness? I’ve teamed up with 11 other bloggers to bring you a total of 12 delicious pumpkin recipes this month!
Go check them out, but be warned…you are going to drool all over your screen!
- Pumpkin Pie S’mores from Betsylife
- Mini Pumpkin Apple Chimichangas from Home Cooking Memories
- Pasta with Sausage and Creamy Sage Pumpkin Sauce from A Little Claireification
- Pumpkin Pie Yogurt from The Rebel Chick
- Pumpkin Patch Buttercream Frosting from Million Moments
- Pumpkin Nut Bread from A Night Owl Blog
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Cups from Bless This Mess Please
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes from Mom Endeavors
- Pumpkin Sage Biscuits from Stephie Cooks
- Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte from See Vanessa Craft
- Pumpkin Hummus from Around My Family Table
- Pumpkin Chili From Plugged in Family