This post brought to you by LIBBY’S Pumpkin. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ah, pumpkin. This delicious vegetable isn’t just for pumpkin pie, you know! There are so many different things you can do with pumpkin, and with LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin available in the baking aisle of your local grocery store year-round, it doesn’t have to be!
There are so many different ways to use LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin in your everyday recipes; ranging from that tried and true holiday staple to using it as a substitute to cut down on the fat in your favorite baked goods, to incorporating it into your breakfast recipes in the form of waffles and smoothies too! Have you ever thought about using LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin in your dinnertime recipes?
You can stir in LIBBY’s Pumpkin in your favorite macaroni and cheese and even add a bit to jarred sauces to reduce sodium. Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin contains no salt, no sugar, no flavorings or preservatives – It’s just 100% pure pumpkin. You can even portion off any unused pumpkin and store it in the freezer!
I did a little experimenting with this recipe and came up with a delicious, healthy Pumpkin and Lamb Chili recipe that you can make in either the slow cooker or right on the stove top!
Libby’s Pumpkin is perfect for year-round recipes because it has lots of fiber, Vitamin A, and is packed with Beta Carotene too!
Here are a few substitutions I’ve discovered while using LIBBY’S Pumpkin in my cooking and baking:
- Replace some of the butter in a recipe with pumpkin puree to reduce fat.
- Replace vegetable oil in a recipe with LIBBY’s Pumpkin in equal parts.
- Use 1/4 cup LIBBY’s Pumpkin as an egg substitute in baking recipes.
Easy enough, right? We can all eat a little healthier by using these easy substitutes, but you can also use LIBBY’S Pumpkin in the place of butter, oil and eggs anytime you find that you’re missing one of those baking staples – just make sure that you always have a can of LIBBY’S Pumpkin in the pantry!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili Recipe
A Savory Pumpkin and Lamb Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- sliced 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with chilis (like Rotel)
- 1 15 oz can LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 15 oz cans of kidney beans
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprkia
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: salt & pepper to taste
- Using a large pot over medium heat, combine your ground lamb, onions and peppers and cook until the lamb is browned and the onions and peppers begin to soften.
- Add in your tomatoes, beans, spices and pumpkin and mix well. Cover your pot and reduce heat to low (simmer) and let simmer for about three hours.
Go check out the #PumpkinCan website where you can share your favorite #PumpkinCan fact via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for a chance to win weekly prizes!