I was making these Red Velvet Cake M&Ms Cookies for my mom the other day and realized, I haven’t made red velvet crinkle cookies in at least a year. There is something definitely wrong with that situation, right? I had a little red velvet cookie batter left over, so I scooped out the M&M’s and added a cup of Mint and Dark Chocolate chocolate chips and whipped up a tiny batch of Mint Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies!
Hello, holy deliciousness!
Angeline has been complaining to me lately about never making anything that she likes (because she’s 16 and what she likes changes on an hourly basis), so she was pretty excited when I told her what was in the oven.
Unfortunately…she then decided that she hates powdered sugar, so she only ate one cookie.
Why are teenagers so fickle?
Sigh….that just meant that there were more for me! I guess it’s a good thing that I only made a dozen!
Mint Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 cups Mint and Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients except for the powdered sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl on medium speed until well blended, then add the chocolate chips. Mix the chocolate chips by hand until thoroughly mixed into the batter.
- Roll dough by heaping tablespoons into little balls, then drop in the powdered sugar. Roll around until completely and evenly coated, then place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, then set aside to cool. I normally cook mine for 10 minutes, as I like a little softer cookie!